Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant.
(12-07-2016, 09:19 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 06:31 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 01:13 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 04:06 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
Warren Dew Wrote:d(population)/dt / population > 0 (percentage population increases as old people have retired but not died yet)

d(GDP/population)/dt = population * d(GDP)/dt + GDP * d(population)/dt
Using more compact notation you are saying:

d(GDP/N)dt = N * dGDP/dt + GDP dN/dt

this is the differentiation of the product of GDP and N, done correctly you would have

d[GDP * (1/N)]/dt = (1/N) dGDP/dt - GDP (1/N)^2 (dN/dt)

I'm still confused

Sorry, yes, messed up on that intermediate line.  The conclusion is still the same, though.  Derivation with the corrected equation below.

d(GDP/worker)/dt / (GDP/worker) > 0 (percentage individual worker productivity increases)

d(workers)/dt / workers < - d(GDP/worker)/dt / (GDP/worker)

(percentage worker population decreases faster than percentage worker productivity increases)

d(GDP)/dt / GDP = d(workers*GDP/worker)/dt / (workers*GDP/worker)
    = (GDP/worker * d(workers)/dt + workers * d(GDP/worker)/dt) / (workers*GDP/worker)
    = d(workers)dt / workers + d(GDP/worker)/dt / GDP/worker < 0
(GDP decreases)

d(population)/dt / population > 0 (percentage population increases as old people have retired but not died yet)

d(GDP/population)/dt = d(GDP)/dt / population - GDP * d(population)/dt / population^2
    = (GDP/population) * (d(GDP)/dt / GDP - d(population)/dt / population) < 0

(average living standard for the economy cannot keep up)

You already have negative  GDP growth (or at least assumed it).  Until population also falls per capita GDP then must also fall. There is no need for the math which only reiterate the initial assumptions.

So far per capita GDP appears to have been rising slowing (through 2013)
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=67&c=ja&l=en

So I looked t the GDP trend and so the same thing:

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=ja&v=65

So what is you point? You make and assertion that if true would predict both of these things would be going down.  You point out that your assertions are supported by the data.  But your own math shows that it this were so then it would also be supported by the data about trends in GDP and GDP per cap, which it is not.  So what is the problem. Its the productivity figure.

Let's get the productivity figure straight first.  I'm saying productivity is growing and will continue to grow.  Are you disagreeing with that?  If not, why are you discussing it?  It seems like bad faith for you to keep asserting that I'm saying something when I've explicitly said the opposite.

The GDP curves I'm looking at are considerably different from yours, for example:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/JPNNGDP

You write a bunch of math that concludes with what you started with.  You started with the idea that productivity was growing slower than labor force was rising, from which immediately follows that GDP growth must then be negative.  GDP per capita would also be falling unless population was falling faster than GDP. OK so you are back with you initial assumptions.  

What is the case for more debt?  That's what I asked you about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. - by Mikebert - 12-09-2016, 07:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! Eric the Green 3,008 1,599,907 02-14-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Corporate tax rates will be seven points lower under Biden than under Obama Einzige 9 3,394 04-22-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,627 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump and Obama: 2 sides of the same coin nebraska 0 1,033 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Pizza Shops Still Fear Obama Regulation That Could Cost Billions nebraska 0 994 01-15-2018, 06:29 PM
  We All Lose: Obama’s Legacy and What It Means for a Trump Presidency nebraska 0 1,258 01-15-2018, 02:00 AM
  Continuing in Obama's path nebraska 0 999 01-13-2018, 08:50 PM
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,626 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,902 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Trump just like Obama nebraska 0 941 01-12-2018, 07:24 PM