Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying?
Sorry to hear that, beechnut.

Teachers I witnessed in my time wouldn't even have been able to stop a kindergarten bully. In a certain way, all older generations have to be blamed:

* The middle-aged "Artists" who felt suffocated in their youth seriously believed that if you never, ever punish kids, everything will be fine.
* The young "Prophets" were busy discussing ideologies or drugs or sex and couldn't be bothered doing a teacher's duty. (Of course, I'm only talking about the lefty Boomers who sought secure jobs where they could talk a lot. The rightists Boomers would rather prefer enjoying the money they inherited from their G.I. dads who dropped dead in their forties/fifties.)
* The old "Heroes" had given up on everyone younger, punishing innocent Xers instead of the Boomers they had spoiled before. Yes, these G.I.s had once successfully fought the Nazis, but apparently, they were only successful because they had competent, pragmatic, truly heroic Nomad leaders. Without them, they suddenly weren't as heroic anymore... - Also, since they tended to think "bigger is better", they replaced many small schools by few big ones; Result: Many more targets for potential bullies!
* The kid Nomads, of whom many had a shitty childhood, had a small percentage of bad apples who spoilt the whole bunch.

Also, there was this idiotic idea (coming from Silents and Boomers) that a) it's the perpetrators who need help, not the victims, and b) bullies just suffer from the fact that they feel low self-worth. Today, we've finally seen that the opposite is the case: Bullies have an inflated self-worth, that's why they think they were allowed to do anything. It was like trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline.

Furthermore: The Nomads learned that you had to be cool and jaded if someone calls you an asshole or worse. But if the same Nomads used bad words at home, they'd make their parents unhappy. But as long as what the bully does to them is worse than what their parents are doing... yes, the old people created an environment where the bullies have more influence on kids than their parents!

It was the perfect storm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying? - by Hintergrund - 08-14-2019, 08:18 AM