Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying?
(07-25-2019, 03:54 PM)beechnut79 Wrote: I cannot say for sure that I was ever bullied in any of my workplaces, but often did feel like the black sheep; one who would be among the first to be let go at the first sign of any downturn. Same was true in a couple of singles social clubs I joined in my 20s and 30s. Seemed that I had a negative image among the other members, and firmly believe I was put on a blacklist for dating.

A classic movie dealing with the bullying subject is "Tea and Sympathy" in which a teenage boy is mercilessly ridiculed because he tended to prefer activities such as sewing to playing baseball and was giving the derogatory nickname "Sister Boy".

And this type of bullying will only become more prevalent as the low-church Protestant fundamentalists (as Michael Lind called them) tighten their grip on the culture as Trump & Co. continue to "Make America Great Again."
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hope and Optimism on Conquering Bullying? - by Anthony '58 - 12-29-2019, 12:48 PM