Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis
(02-16-2017, 10:41 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 08:29 PM)Odin Wrote: I had a realization today about Trump, he's a sort of fun-house mirror bizarro Nixon. It's as if in this 4T we are revisiting themes and symbols that had been lying dormant since the 2T and are suddenly erupting again. Black militancy, the Democratic Party tearing itself apart, a Republican running on "law and order", etc...

This is something of the nature of the 4T, IMO, it is the culmination of the forces set in motion during the previous 2T.  Labor militancy, the Progressive movement's reform, eugenics, the emergence of the US as a Great Power involved outside its hemisphere from the Spanish-American War on, etc.  All of these things started in the 2T and reached a head in the 4T with the Great Depression/WWII.  Abolitionism and early industrialization before the Civil War followed the same pattern.

Mike did some stuff on this before.

I regret not being able to participate as fully in this conversation recently as I would like, my workload has increased dramatically (several programmers quit at work, and I am the only one left), and my spare time is spent studying for my next interview.

-- so when you leave there will be no programmers. Me, l'd be extracting some hefty amt of change out of that company so they won't be left high & dry. Oh wait, you wanna leave Cols dontcha. Not that l blame ya

SomeGuy Wrote:Oh, and roughly 80% of German casualties were suffered on the Eastern Front.  Large Communist movements existed in France, Italy, and other places in Western Europe during that period.  Had the US not intervened, the Red Army probably would have pushed through to the Channel.

-- so you're saying Stalin would of prevailed then. That is a possibility. When writing my rebuttal above it occurred to me that had we not intervened, WW2 would of been largely a 1 front war for the Germans. Without a D-day invasion, there would of been no Western Front, & the Germans would of only needed to deploy enough personnel in those countries to monitor the coasts. Meanwhile, the ltalians would of fought in the Meditteranean with minimal German assistance, so the Germans would of needed only to concentrate on the Eastern Front

Check out this badass shit:

http://www.historyinorbit.com/top-secret...zi-germany

-- the article states "had these inventions come just a little earlier", but you can just as easily wonder, had WW2 lasted longer..... besides the Germans were working on some of this stuff in the1930s, before WW2- Von Braun's rockets for instance. He eventually got his rockets to the Moon, had WW2 lasted long enough he surely would of gotten them to Moscow, Leningrad, & other select Russian cities, possibly causing Stalin to consider a ceasefire

Then there's these, if Hitler had only had the time:

http://whatculture.com/history/10-most-c...o-win-wwii

Of that group of weapons, only the last one was successfully deployed during WW2- by us
So yeah, l'd say our fighting in WW2 made a diffrence.....
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by tg63 - 11-25-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by tg63 - 11-29-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 12-14-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 01-30-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-14-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-15-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Marypoza - 02-16-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis - by Odin - 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe: Where did Steve Bannon get his worldview? From my book. Dan '82 32 24,345 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,929 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk
  Steve Bannon is obsessed with The Fourth Turning Dan '82 17 11,836 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a