Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civic = Greece, Prophetic = Israel?
(10-11-2019, 08:46 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: I liked the republican vs monarchic universe metaphor. A monarchy is unpredictable, it operates according to the king's will. So is the religious universe. There are some differences in the king's character though. In Abraham's view the king is just and trustworthy, while Mohammed's king is more whimsical. That's why Jews and Christians were more likely to adopt scientific methods than Muslims. Th e Islamic "golden age" was influenced by Greek philosophy and ended when the mullahs made it clear this is not compatible with the Koran.

A republic, like the scientific universe, is predictable, although we may not understand all rules. There may be laws of physics which require IQ above 500 to grasp, but as far as we're dealing with laws understood on our level, our predictions come true. The religious universe has one creator, while in the scientific universe all intelligent beings are citizens and creators on some level.

We have to take care in the scientific universe, so long as it follows the myth of the automatic model, that it does not impair our humanity and turn us into robots, either literally because of tech, or implicitly because in its worldview we are robots. In the fully automatic model, there is no creator at all, because creation does not exist.

These two myths rule over us, and not for our good, unless we can throw them over and live according to a more sensible myth closer to reality.

Myself, I grew up in the milieu of the fully automatic model, as do most of us. I believed in it, largely because it was passed down to me from my civic generation parents and their world. I did not believe in the ceramic model. I, being of a prophet generation, was just more curious than many people, and I came of age during an Awakening. Those two things made a big difference, and I was able to question authority, and thus throw off the fully automatic model.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civic = Greece, Prophetic = Israel? - by Eric the Green - 10-12-2019, 09:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Support (Civic) Nationalism More Than You Think You Do JasonBlack 4 1,080 08-31-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green