Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: Typical Silent book
The title is based on this earlier book:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_in_the_Art_of_Archery

Most people I know who have read the Pirsig book say it's full of great advice and observations for living. You are focusing on it from a point of view of a younger generation criticizing the older generations. But no-one has to read it from that lens. The fact as I see it is that today's younger generations have not gone through the process which Silents and Boomers did in the Awakening era of questioning the delusions and limited consciousness that society has imposed upon us, and finding some liberation from this and moving through life in a new way.

Boomers do take or get credit for a lot of things Silents did. But it's also true that most people haven't read Strauss and Howe and don't know what the dates are for generations. All people know is there were people of a certain age in the sixties and 1970s who questioned authority and went through a rebellion or awakening or degeneration of some sort, depending on your view, and these are often labeled as "boomers," when according to various dating schemes many of them are older than boomers.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: Typical Silent book - by Eric the Green - 11-04-2019, 03:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Modern Art is Sh*t Kinser79 33 29,753 01-14-2020, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
Video Modern art is garbage...looks like someone else agrees with me. Kinser79 0 1,977 08-31-2017, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Kinser79