Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
Yeah I do have to say the Corona situation has been rather quickly controlled in Russia compared to the West. Of course you have some Russians (mainly the Navalny crowd) who believe the government is lying about the numbers but I think if they were, foreign organisations would have picked up on it.

Now as for the Russian youth, I would argue they are actually looking into the past just like the older generation of Russians. For the older, it is obviously the Soviet Union. For the younger, it is America at its height during the 1990s.

The problem with this is that it is too late now for Russia to join the mass consumerism and capitalism game. The youth don't realise it yet and still live in the naive hope that when Putin goes, they will roar to life and be like the West. Well what the West was.

I think that when the West does collapse, it is going to be one huge shock to these Russians. Why emulate what has failed?

I think therefore Russia needs to figure out a new economic plan that can benefit Russia whilst abandoning wild fantasies of the past. That is the biggest challenge for Russia.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 04-09-2020, 07:53 AM