Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
(04-23-2020, 03:22 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote: I don't think Russia is currently undergoing a 2T. During a 2T you'd expect weird subcultures, cults and idealistic approach to political and economic reality. Young Russians might be rebelling in a way, but their demands are driven by money, not idealism.

A counterculture was popular in Russia during the 1980s-90s, I guess the youths behind this movement was Prophetic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countercul...viet_Union

I've read Genome, a novel by Sergey Lukyanenko (born 1968), and the tone is definitely countercultural. Not likely that the author is a Civic. According to Wikipedia, "this is the underlying theme for Lukyanenko: how to preserve your goodness in the world of evil when you are strong and well-armed". Sounds like something a Prophet might come up with.

The thing is in Russia, there is no actual weird subcultures or anything. Everything is imported from the West and they dress in the fashions because they think it is cool. But when it comes to subcultures, they don't really have anything of their own. 

As for the 1980s youth, yeah they did rebel against the Soviet Union. But when the system came down and they experienced life in the hard 90s, they quickly became Putinists. Most of the votes Putin gets is from this generation because of the memories. They don't want another 90s. Also they are patriotic and seem content with Putin's foreign policy.

If Russia is ever going to have a 2T, it is going to be more of a spiritual or religious nature I think. It's America that has social 2T events but Russia not really....

As for generations, I guess you could say that the current youth generation is more of a weird 2T/3T hybrid if it is even possible. The kids in school now behave more like civics and that is a 4T generation on the making.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 04-23-2020, 10:57 AM