Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore
(12-04-2016, 10:19 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm libertarian minded and I uphold and share common libertarian beliefs. I believe the market should decide what business win and lose/survive and fail. I don't believe government should be involved in favoritism and giving market advantages or bailouts. I'm not as idealistic or as ideologically pure as a Libertarian voter. I vote Republican because the Libertarian party has no chance nationally. America is basically a mish mash of common beliefs and a mish mash of different kinds of people. America has good and bad people and a gray area in between. America has sane people and crazy people and another gray area in between. This is my view of America.

I know the Clinton Chumps are looking/acting pretty silly/foolish today. That's a for sure. Trump Chump is speculative at this point and primarily based on the beliefs of the Clinton Chumps. Fascism requires a similar system to already be in place in order for it to effectively take over and establish its rule. I'm opposed to similar systems and idea's about having a similar system established and set into place here and beliefs associated with them. What's the Northeast going to do, roll the dice with California and place its money middle America ( the folks who turned their nose up politically bitch slapped your piece of crap candidate to show you and the blue crony's of the world that common sense still rules here). Bummer ain't it. At what point have I ever been easy to manipulate or blow over and drive off. However, I can obliviously tell that you're more used to littler blue dipshits and bigger blue panzy asses. I will agree that America has a lot of chumps and people who prey on chomps. However, I would disagree with you that I'm one of them. Right now, I have zero dollars into Trump the candidate and zero dollars and zero hours of time invested into Trumps campaign and exactly the same amounts with the Republican party. I doubt that that applies to you. You've lost how much on your horrible choice for a candidate? You've lost much support for your party. You've lost how faith of your supporters. You've lost how much trust among your TV viewers. Who trusts your political analysts now? They politically cracked you dude with zero support from me. We are winning the ground game. How much money is it going to take to defeat a natural ground that is winning the battles in the bars and bowling allies and softball fields and social gatherings and kitchen tables that are happening all across middle America?

I would agree that your side is winning middle America, and Democrats are now concentrated on the Coasts. Yes, you have summarized well what we blue folks are up against. I don't know what it will take to convince the people out there to move in the best direction. Right now, you guys are hopelessly deceived, it appears. It is white America trying to make it "great" (meaning more white) again.

Perhaps the Democrats have some issues that would appeal to some of them, like to Rust Belt voters who didn't get the message of what the Democrats can do to improve their lives and their income. Obviously, Trump and the Republicans have never done anything for them at all, nor for any of you. It's just a vote for prejudice and resentment, and a vote for government to do nothing. So, enjoy your victory. You will get nothing from the creeps you elected but failure and poverty. Never have, and never will. But that does not seem to concern you.

And it should be clear to middle America, although it is not, that it's the Republicans who have been in charge and set or blocked policy for the last 35 years. The Republicans have created the situation that many middle America voters voted against, deceived by Trump's rants. But although the Republicans are responsible for their woes, their answer is to vote for them again and again, so the same failing policies are pursued. That's called insanity.

Maybe a better candidate is needed, and a better-honed message aimed at working people. Maybe offers of compromise on the cultural and gun issues might peel off a few of them too. Essentially though, the talk of blaming Democrats for poor performance or bad candidates misses one point. It's you, and people like you, who made the decision. Ultimately, whatever happens under Republican rule, the responsibility is yours, and yours alone, because of your votes.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore - by Eric the Green - 12-04-2016, 10:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Millennials fulfill their "civic" role and vote in midterms? Eric the Green 1 669 04-02-2022, 08:16 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  DC Statehood. We need 2 Democratic senators to even things up. Can we do it? Eric the Green 0 829 04-27-2021, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 754 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,497 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  House of Delegates, Senate panel vote to ban electronic 'skill' games Luza 0 618 02-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Luza
  Be Careful, But Don't Preach About The Virus TheNomad 1 1,002 03-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Can The Economy Ever Be 'Good' While So Many Don't Have Walls? TheNomad 58 12,185 03-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Please Just Don't Change? TheNomad 2 1,316 03-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Ohio lawmakers vote to give themselves a pay raise Unicorn 18 4,876 12-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Last Post: nvfd
  5/8/18 -- Women win 17 of 20 Democratic nominations for open seats for Congress pbrower2a 0 2,041 05-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a