Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How this Crisis will be resolved (for the U.S.)
(12-30-2019, 06:35 PM)Mickey123 Wrote: First, it could resolve itself in an enormous war.  The only powers in the world which could realistically take on the U.S., and which there's any reasonable chance of the U.S. fighting, would be China and Russia.  As Crises are an opportunity to resolve issues, it may be that the U.S., and some of its allies, go to war against both China and Russia, under the idea that all nations must be democratic.  This could result in a vastly strengthened United Nations which has real power, an actual global government....

One way or another, I think this is going to be far, far worse than many of you here are imagining.

What, did Xenakis not post his prediction of all out nuclear war today?

I would note that neither Japan nor Germany could realistically take on the US in World War 2, either, but yet they started the war.  I could see Erdogan starting a war in the middle east or the eastern Med, for example, and then that blowing up.  If the EU had a couple years to build up a nuclear stockpile, they could challenge the US - or Russia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How this Crisis will be resolved (for the U.S.) - by Warren Dew - 12-30-2019, 11:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4T Crisis = Climate Change igranderojo 5 3,992 12-31-2019, 05:54 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,516 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund