Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loneliness--The Other Pandemic
This is a really good topic for now. I cannot be the only one thinking about the utter devastation - the mass devastation - of the human psyche when locked up away from others. It's like being in prison except in jail you do have others to interact with. And I must add, even in grocery stores and "essential" places, human beings are not interacting the same. I cannot smile at someone or excuse them in my path with a nod and a grin or anything close to "interaction".

I will try hard not to be a harpy about this, but we entered a really dangerous place when we decided to go hastily into all this ISOLATION. And calling it "self" isolation, that's not even real. We are told where we can and cannot go and how. At least, in many states.

I don't have the answer. Even living with someone - a spouse or roommate or children or parents - can feel completely overwhelming because your lives are right on top of one another. Our essential freedoms just to GO OUT AND DO something is so curtailed. I am sitting here on a Saturday night not at all thrilled to be writing this here, but I keep trying to remind myself the whole world is experiencing it in one way or another. Right now, a few months ago, I would be at my favorite coffee shop writing and losing myself in the movement and the people. I feel more drained now than I have and I deal with depression and anxiety as it is.

Maybe it helps to be heard.

Messages In This Thread
Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by beechnut79 - 03-12-2020, 11:07 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by TheNomad - 05-30-2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 05-31-2020, 09:06 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by TheNomad - 05-31-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 06-01-2020, 01:41 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 05-30-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 12-29-2020, 11:30 PM