Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loneliness--The Other Pandemic
(05-31-2020, 02:25 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 12:24 AM)TheNomad Wrote: This is a really good topic for now.  I cannot be the only one thinking about the utter devastation - the mass devastation - of the human psyche when locked up away from others.  It's like being in prison except in jail you do have others to interact with.  And I must add, even in grocery stores and "essential" places, human beings are not interacting the same.  I cannot smile at someone or excuse them in my path with a nod and a grin or anything close to "interaction".

I will try hard not to be a harpy about this, but we entered a really dangerous place when we decided to go hastily into all this ISOLATION.  And calling it "self" isolation, that's not even real.  We are told where we can and cannot go and how.  At least, in many states.

Agreed.  We need to eliminate the isolation and replace it with mask wearing.  That's why I advocate the mask wearing - because it makes the isolation unnecessary.

That seems strange to me but it's something you said.

To me, I feel isolated from everyone I see daily because of the mask.  Strangers, people in the neighborhood alike, it all feels like we are wearing "condoms" and everyone knows what that is like.  I mean, I hate condoms and would rather not even do it if I have to rubber up.  And before people jump on that idea, there are 2 (or more) human beings deciding on what risks they will or will not take in such a situation.  It seems to me, we are not approaching things as adults but as children being commanded to wear the "condom" even if the involved parties want to waive the risk factor.

Messages In This Thread
Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by beechnut79 - 03-12-2020, 11:07 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by TheNomad - 05-30-2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 05-31-2020, 09:06 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by TheNomad - 05-31-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 06-01-2020, 01:41 AM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 05-30-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Loneliness--The Other Pandemic - by pbrower2a - 12-29-2020, 11:30 PM