Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News Castigated Over Virus Depiction
I see the Prophet as breaking his ideals into practical use, then letting go.  There is a burst after the Crisis is over as the ideals are supposedly set in stone.  The Constitution may be written, the Reconstruction started, the UN created.  Then you settle down to collect the well earned rewards of what you just went through.

That assumes you had a Trigger, a Regeneracy and a heart of the Crisis, and you actually went through something.

The Prophet seems to be followed by the Nomad who is into materialism late in life.  There was enough adventure during the Crisis.  By the High, enough of that, he is too old, so he builds infrastructure and tries to sit on remnants of the old ideology that came before the Crisis.  The hard edged element of the younger Nomad seems to be gone.  Last time around that vanished in rows of identical houses and superhighway building.  He sells out, sinks roots, or whatever the boomers did after the Awakening.  He fits the stagnant boring description.

This same old same old materialism is not the optimal attitude for solving problems.  That is why one of my possibilities is waiting for the Awakening before the transformations come.  Before the virus, there was no Trigger, thus no Regeneracy, thus no trial and error.  The High is a time of materialism and sameness, not a time of problem solving and innovation.  Wait for the Awakening and the energy of the Prophet young matched with legislative problem solving?

Each generation seems to celebrate its own music.  It generally seems blah to other generations.  I for one appreciate much of the old stuff.  Whether it is Steven Foster, Louis Armstrong, Fred Astaire, Gershwin, Elvis, Lennon, whatever, I can appreciate it.  Each style whether it is the blues, swing, rock and roll, rock, disco or whatever is shaped by the experiences of that generation.

But it seemed to stop after disco.  From the start of recorded music and even before, it seems that each generation adopted its own style and era.  After disco, it was just rock and country.  The styles of the various Beatles eras were all continued and expanded on, but the degree of turnover of styles seems to have reduced.  Oh, the effects still grew and were used, but rock is still rock.

The happy dance music of the passive years - be it the rock and roll of the High or the disco of the Awakening - interests me less.  But it seems the generational music grabs most its own generation. That generations do not love other generation’s music seems sort of a constant.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fox News Castigated Over Virus Depiction - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-20-2020, 07:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A study on Fake News pbrower2a 15 13,296 12-16-2021, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Do You Know Anyone With The Virus? TheNomad 21 5,864 03-29-2020, 01:18 AM
Last Post: TheNomad
  Sad News Reveling In The Drama TheNomad 10 2,990 03-22-2020, 02:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  A Virus Lie? TheNomad 29 9,042 03-19-2020, 08:00 AM
Last Post: tg63
  Be Careful, But Don't Preach About The Virus TheNomad 1 1,004 03-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Trump Threatens to Challenge Broadcast Licenses Over 'Fake News' nebraska 29 10,740 01-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  There Are More White Voters Than People Think. That’s Good News for Trump. Dan '82 16 15,700 06-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a