Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Am Worried
(03-19-2020, 10:43 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Values.  Worldview.  Ideology.  It is all the same.  Even your faux system has two of them butting heads.  It is just that your young generations and their newer values are so undefined that they might as well not exist.

By the way, I didn’t find the Awakening similar and boring.  Live draft cards, coat hanger abortions, hotels and restaurants refusing blacks service, stinking water, butting heads against glass ceilings, hot wars…  The old culture was not boring and not perfect.  There were reasons we made as much noise as we did.

Your describing it as “SIMILAR and BORING” is yet another bit of evidence of how little you understand the times.

The Awakening is the beginning of all things new.  Why would it be boring?  They were rebelling against their parents.  Their parents are the ones that lived through TGD and WWII.  When everything became new and polished literally and everything figuratively went the wayside. 

You don't seem to have a handle on what I am saying.  Coat hanger abortion is not ideology, it is necessity. Refusing blacks is not ideology but a CULTURALLY EMBEDDED RACISM.  It still lingers now.  It was not solved, only progressed. The music of the era sucked and was boring.  Everyone wore the same clothes.  Homes looked identical.  People had the same colored walls, watched the same TV shows on the same TV sets, eating the same frozen foods from the same identical freezers and vacuuming the floor with the exact same cleaners.

Step out of the idea of "perfect".  The roads were new.  The bridges were at peak integrity.  The new social reforms like laws and edicts were brought into what we would call "modernity" for the time.  Everything became "new" on the outside.  Structural resurrection.  Things were tore apart and put back together.

Then, the efforts of Groupthink it took to get all that done led to cultural stagnation.  To which the Boomer Prophet rebelled against.

Everything I just said is almost word for word from The 4th Turning.

Messages In This Thread
Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by pbrower2a - 03-20-2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In U.S., Hispanics Least Worried About Election Outcome Dan '82 0 1,373 07-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Dan '82