The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad News Reveling In The Drama
I am ashamed of "journalism" right now.  The stories are becoming more and more dramatic, images on some HIGHLY used news pages show people in almost hyperbaric chambers-like plastic tents, descriptions of the "horrors" of having the virus, images of lady liberty enshrined behind a window and weeping.

This shit has got to stop!

I was out today IN CALIFORNIA - on lockdown - and nothing has changed.  If anything, I am seeing a much calmer populace, ppl moving slower and easier, light traffic, courteousness.

And we are on lockdown.  Lockdown.  A heavily-traffiked news site says

California Awakens To New Reality

No.

I am here.  I am reporting to you ppl here in the forum.  Nothing has changed.  Ppl aren't going to work, but it is a Friday.  Normally at this time, the freeways are clogged but are not.  That's a GOOD THING not a bad one.

The shelves are empty still of toilet paper, and ppl are hoarding that and water and canned goods.  But that is due to external pressures like the national news sites I mention.  Even my preferred news outlet of CNN is destroying my faith in news.  This has become a GO TO news situation where, I think producers are being mandated to do that AND because we are being told we're all gonna die.  No one is saying it, but look at the news channels.

Anchors hovered in front of enormous screens interviewing ppl like Sean Penn to see WHAT ARE WE TO EXPECT from disaster.  It feels like being forced on a campout I don't feel like being on and told a narrative that, as an adult American with a mind, I don't know yet HOW to perceive it.  Fearmongering is at a premium, it just is absolute rubbish to me.

The bad experience we are ALL gonna have is from our scared neighbors that will have a garage full of TP when this is done, or, if not done, will be sitting in the house wiping their ass until they die, then leaving the unused stacks of it unused by those who needed it.

What Total Crap
I won't be afraid.

Messages In This Thread
Sad News Reveling In The Drama - by TheNomad - 03-20-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Sad News Reveling In The Drama - by TheNomad - 03-20-2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Sad News Reveling In The Drama - by sbarrera - 03-21-2020, 08:59 AM
RE: Sad News Reveling In The Drama - by pbrower2a - 03-21-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Sad News Reveling In The Drama - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 02:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A study on Fake News pbrower2a 15 13,301 12-16-2021, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Horn
Star This makes me really sad TheNomad 2 1,198 03-24-2020, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Fox News Castigated Over Virus Depiction TheNomad 8 2,542 03-21-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Trump Threatens to Challenge Broadcast Licenses Over 'Fake News' nebraska 29 10,758 01-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  There Are More White Voters Than People Think. That’s Good News for Trump. Dan '82 16 15,702 06-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a