Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Californians on Beaches and Trails Called DEFIANT!
Nomad...

The cycles go around.  This is the time when individuals are most likely expected to sacrifice for the group.  Someone who is a supposed to have read S&H and is in agreement with the basic concepts ought to understand.  We have done this for three Crises now, going on into the fourth.  It is not new.  It is the wheel turning.

I remember hearing tales of my father's uncle Eugene.  Around the time of Pearl Harbor he had a solid job building ships at the Quincy Shipyard, and his job was declared essential to the war effort.  This is about when the German submarines had what they called the happy time.  Ship building was seen as important.  He wanted to join the military anyway.  The army said no.  The navy said no.  The coast guard said no.  No matter how many times the government tried to keep him on the job, he tried to do more.

Moral of story?  Try the merchant marine.  They are not a government agency, and look up less bookwork, but he saw it as one way to do his duty.  Let Rosie T Riveter build ships.

The social pressure and the duty for a man to do his part was something my father didn't try to explain to a young kid wearing bell bottom dungarees during the Vietnam war.  If you don't feel it, I can't explain it either.  But for sure, after the Trigger, the results can be seen by those who dare to call themselves American.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Californians on Beaches and Trails Called DEFIANT! - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-23-2020, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California governor orders Orange County beaches to close SusanSusan 5 1,196 02-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Last Post: random3
  Bill Would Ban Smoking Pot on Beaches nebraska 0 921 01-29-2018, 07:00 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Alcohol ban on Oregon beaches is unnecessary nebraska 0 1,098 12-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nebraska