Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name
(12-31-2016, 06:56 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Whether or not it's a moral responsibility, I'd agree that universal schooling is a good idea.  It can be achieved far more effectively by taking the money and issuing a voucher for every school aged child worth what a public education costs.  People who want to stay in public schools can give their vouchers to the schools; people who find a better private school can use the voucher for that.

This is a declaration of fact, backed by nothing.  In other words, it's really opinion.  If the argument is, "... better for my kids", then you might have a point.  But public money is not intended for those purposes, and you know it.

I'll admit that this would be great for my grandchildren who attend a relatively expensive private school.  On the other hand, my son and his wife can afford to send them there.  Even more to the point, they don't' expect a subsidy from the local taxpayers.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name - by David Horn - 01-03-2017, 03:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neoliberalism/"free"-market economics ideology, the cause of our problems Eric the Green 27 5,673 01-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neo-liberalism, the ideology that shackles us Eric the Green 41 13,266 11-20-2019, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  The ideology of Silicon Valley Dan '82 9 6,654 05-29-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58