Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name
(01-04-2017, 04:55 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 01:33 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 12:36 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: Wouldn't we both be better off with vouchers to private schools focused purely on nonpartisan academic excellence?

Are you suggesting standards, so that high school graduates would have an understanding about such things as evolution?

I'm just suggesting that both David Horn and myself would choose schools based on nonpartisan academic excellence for our own kids.  For me that would mean a school that taught evolution, and I presume it would be for David as well.

Eric would be free to continue to send his kids to schools that like my public schools push his politically progressive belief structure, if he preferred.

I don't know what "progressive beliefs" MA is pushing, if that's not "evolution" and such as Wonkette implied. But in CA there is no such effort on the part of public schools. At least I haven't seen it, as a recent substitute teacher in them. In the main, "progressive belief structure" is likely to mean willingness to learn and teach the facts and the truth; certainly not neo-liberal doctrine.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name - by Eric the Green - 01-04-2017, 06:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neoliberalism/"free"-market economics ideology, the cause of our problems Eric the Green 27 5,673 01-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neo-liberalism, the ideology that shackles us Eric the Green 41 13,266 11-20-2019, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  The ideology of Silicon Valley Dan '82 9 6,654 05-29-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58