Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name
(01-07-2017, 11:33 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 10:40 AM)flbones too Wrote: neo liberalism needs to die. Republicans need to wake and realize that trickle down economics doesn't work. Any extra money the rich get are going to get invested or shored off seas. Any republican who thinks it does work needs to get their head examined. 30 years of stagnant wages and increasing income inequality isn't proof enough for them?

They seem to be fooling enough of the people, enough of the time.  I'd like to think one more time around the block will wake up the electorate, but it hasn't happened yet.

This is the scariest part of the current situation: there seems to be no way to correct the impression that empowering the rich yields huge benefits to hoi polloi.  It seems contradictory on its face, so believing it must require a leap of faith that is, based on historical results, totally unjustified.  Yet it succeeds, and not just here and not just now.  The Fascists in the '30s pitched similar malarkey with similar results. 

So the desire to believe must be wired into human beings at some level ... but only SOME human beings.  Others are repelled, and can't understand why anyone could believe this stuff.  As far as I know, it isn't in the water or passed through our DNA, so it must be an accessible human feature that can be redirected if its understood.  Of course, I'm not holding my breath.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neoliberalism: The Ideology That Dares Not Speak Its Name - by David Horn - 01-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neoliberalism/"free"-market economics ideology, the cause of our problems Eric the Green 27 5,671 01-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neo-liberalism, the ideology that shackles us Eric the Green 41 13,261 11-20-2019, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  The ideology of Silicon Valley Dan '82 9 6,654 05-29-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58