Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
You know, it is an interesting concept about war and what generates excitement in it. From my own research, it is a question that has troubled me but it all boils down to basic psychology. Human beings love war to begin with as it adds excitement and an unleashing of energy that has been boiling up for decades. 

If you see pictures of previous wars in the past, even amongst recent conflicts such as the Arab Spring or even the Donbass and you can see that fundamental feature. The joy on people's faces. It is like an ecstacy that is hard to explain. I remember seeing video footage of young Donbass men happily getting married to their war brides and filling with excitement over brandishing their ak47s. Or the Syrians who were shouting with ecstacy and firing their guns into the air.

It is only after the war, after the casualties, after the mass destruction that people become anti war. But then it usually takes another 2-3 generations before war becomes an exciting adventure once again.

You know, I get the feeling alot of millennial and zoomer men in Europe, particularly with alt right leanings, would jump at the chance if say Europe or America had a major civil war. You would see them doing exactly the same as their counterparts elsewhere.

I tend to find this phenomenon is particularly strong in young men. They are rushing with hormones and they are genetically designed to fight. The absence of any major war due to nuclear weapons and globalisation I believe is a reason for mass shootings and suicides. When that cohort cannot succeed in the modern world, when times become tougher, when they especially struggle to find girlfriends, they go crazy. 

Look at young boys when they playing together in the playground. What are they playing? They are pretending to shoot at each other and engage in their own make believe wars.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for many to acknowledge this fact but it is reality and it is something that Humans are having to deal with. Without large scale conflict, what to do with the angry young men? If we have evolved to make do with longer periods of peace, how do you handle men in general?

It's a good question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by Isoko - 05-16-2020, 04:15 AM