Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective)
(05-06-2020, 02:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 12:42 AM)endlessvegetables Wrote: call up your local supermarket and demand that they let the cashiers wear masks, don't buy out the toilet paper you don't need, whatever. Just. Do something, for someone, right now. And then you can go back to gossiping about what Trump said on Twitter this time.

We need to call up our local supermarket and DEMAND that they sell or make available the masks that they require customers to wear. WHY AREN'T THEY AVAILABLE IN EVERY STORE JUST FOR THE ASKING?

I would think that masks would be profitable items for sale or could give retailers free advertising (especially for a website that offers groceries on a delivery basis). 

I have noticed that cashiers and stockers wear masks at Wal*Mart. Kroger, where its stores are unionized, got them through the union (at least in Michigan). 

As a customer I try to shame people without masks... and I praise people for wearing them. Maybe we can do that. I got mine for donating blood at a Red Cross blood drive.  Carrot and stick -- try to be nice overall.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective) - by pbrower2a - 05-06-2020, 05:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Put The Electoral College "On Ice" Anthony '58 4 2,031 07-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Is it Time to Decriminalize Sex Work beechnut79 9 6,328 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund