Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective)
(05-08-2020, 11:33 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:50 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 05:03 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: As a customer I try to shame people without masks... and I praise people for wearing them. Maybe we can do that. I got mine for donating blood at a Red Cross blood drive.  Carrot and stick -- try to be nice overall.

It's a sad commentary that the issue of mask wearing is now partisan.  Why it's considered bad by Republicans and others in the Red camp is amazing, in and of itself.  That it's considered an affront to the Orange One and a sign of true bravado is a level of cult fanaticism that's new to me.  I guess it goes with drinking bleach.  Rolleyes

Yes.  I don't get things like shooting workers who refuse people service for not honoring social distancing, or even pushing park rangers in a lake for reminding people to honor distancing rules.  They are starting to get militant about it.

To be totally blunt about it, I'm equally worried that aggressive activism may arise on the left to match the activism on the right.  Antifa is still out there, but quiet at the moment.  What happens if this becomes confrontational, and the Trump Justice Department, not noted for its sense of legal balance, decides to only prosecute the Antifa crowd?  What happens after that?  

Scary.  Sad
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective) - by David Horn - 05-09-2020, 09:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Put The Electoral College "On Ice" Anthony '58 4 2,031 07-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Is it Time to Decriminalize Sex Work beechnut79 9 6,328 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund