Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective)
(05-09-2020, 09:21 AM)David Horn Wrote: To be totally blunt about it, I'm equally worried that aggressive activism may arise on the left to match the activism on the right.  Antifa is still out there, but quiet at the moment.  What happens if this becomes confrontational, and the Trump Justice Department, not noted for its sense of legal balance, decides to only prosecute the Antifa crowd?  What happens after that?  

Scary.  Sad

It still takes two sides to escalate a Spiral of Violence.  Antifa generally only shows up for a preplanned organized demonstration at which the police are generally present.  The anti isolation protesters are usually individual, widely scattered, unannounced and apparently spontaneous.  It would be hard to plan a reaction.  Things would have to shift significantly to bring about an escalation.

I’m sure, though, it could be managed if they tried.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective) - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-09-2020, 12:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Put The Electoral College "On Ice" Anthony '58 4 2,031 07-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Is it Time to Decriminalize Sex Work beechnut79 9 6,328 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund