Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective)
(05-12-2020, 06:29 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:50 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 05:03 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: As a customer I try to shame people without masks... and I praise people for wearing them. Maybe we can do that. I got mine for donating blood at a Red Cross blood drive.  Carrot and stick -- try to be nice overall.

It's a sad commentary that the issue of mask wearing is now partisan.  Why it's considered bad by Republicans and others in the Red camp is amazing, in and of itself.  That it's considered an affront to the Orange One and a sign of true bravado is a level of cult fanaticism that's new to me.  I guess it goes with drinking bleach.  Rolleyes

I would argue that the making partisan of mask wearing is coming solely from the Blues.  This COVID-19 is about as deadly as the flu meaning unless you aren't already dying of something you're perfectly safe from it.

The latest scare of toxic shock in children exposed to the virus is probably a overreaction by their immune systems because their foolish parents didn't permit them to develop their own immune system naturally.  See all the other allergies people seem to be having these days.

Finally the idea behind the masks anyway is to prevent you from spreading the virus if you have it, not to prevent you from getting it.

Yup, it's all partisan and the like.  There's fake news and just plain bullshit out there. Anyhhow, as for Corona, the death rate varies by some assorted things.  There's obesity along with a possible end state of type 2 diabetes. Next, you have it, yes, males have 2/3's of the deaths, females, only 1/3.  I'd also add in assorted genetic factors like, HLA, interferon, and other stuff like that, which seems to be unknown at present.  I think it strange that at these opening up demonstrations , most of the participants are male, and some are yup, fat.  So Darwin awards all around! Big Grin

I'd also venture to say that messed up immune systems are a product of pollution. Endocrine disrupters like TCDD, DDT, and the crap that's in plastic.  There's also the usual natural stuff like lead and arsenic that also mess things up.
Globalism is of course the ultimate vector for spread.   Just think of all of those flying aluminum petri dishes criss crossing the whole world.  As Rags always says, the next pandemic is only 1 airplane ride away.  Globalism and Neoliberalism also left the US as a sitting duck. Shitty public health and folks in fear of a huge medical bill make's some shy away from getting tested.

So, I await for the 2nd wave. It's gonna be a doozy...

I do prefer the spin free zone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32150360.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: And I put my head down and work. (a millenial's perspective) - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-13-2020, 01:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Put The Electoral College "On Ice" Anthony '58 4 2,031 07-27-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Is it Time to Decriminalize Sex Work beechnut79 9 6,328 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund