Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-29-2020, 12:05 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: The shame was correct. But the shame belongs most of all to our Republican government and its free-market ideology. And of course to all those who vote and support it.

A correct government and society would have seen to it that masks were distributed free, and fast. And the markets that you go to that require you to wear a mask, but don't supply it, what's up with that? Shame on them.

Yes, if you have access to a mask, and don't wear it, then yes you may be acting selfishly, because you don't care whether you may be infected, and don't care if you therefore infect others. But that does not excuse someone for shaming you; that is not polite, and the one shaming you is driven by fear. So I don't shame you, and I wouldn't if I saw you or others not wearing a mask. I couldn't wear one for a while myself because I didn't have one. So I just write and describe things as I see them. It's possible in some 4th turning societies like the French Reign of Terror (and some permanently 4th-turning societies like Cuba or North Korea) that citizens not only shame but report on their neighbors. Watch committees and such. I hope we don't go that far. We are too liberty-oriented for that.

We are in a fourth turning. I'm sure you know that means that the value of upholding the needs of the community is beginning to overtake the value of asserting our individual rights, such as an existential right to risk yourself if you want to. There is no such right, even in 2nd and 3rd turnings, if such behavior also risks the lives of others.

First, I am not one calling the virus a hoax or saying it's a political creation to remove the president.  I need to get that clear.  I have been mistaken as such on-line because I often take the more controversial road to things instead of the simple one.  It seems to me, the ones with their faces covered are the most protected.  So, they want MORE protection by making everyone around them wear something?  It doesn't make sense.  It's someone having sex demanding others wear the condom.  Or is it the other way around?  Like I said, it makes no sense anymore.

I continue to uphold this whole thing has less sense than sense.  We have been driven into a fear-based civilization and it happened in no less than even a few months of time.  If that does not bother people, what will?  I also read the origin of the phrase SOCIAL DISTANCING comes from a term in the 1950s that was originally used to let people know how to distinguish themselves from the "lower classes" and had absolutely nothing to do with health.

Further, there was a similar Global Pandemic in the 1960s while hippes were bathing in mud and not at all social distancing and many more died in Vietnam than over than pandemic.  I could put sources here, but aren't we beyond that now?  We have finally reached the place where sources don't even matter.  Because those sources may contradict "realities" of those who do not agree with or believe them.  We live in the era of complete BUBBLES and what is true or not true, real or not real has no bearing on basically anything.  We blame the president for doing this, and his ilk, but I see many who are doing that from different sides.

Back to the mask. 

I have read it's about protecting others.  But as I say, people who choose to wear a hazmat suit are much more likely to be protected than those who do not wear one.  But now they want to pass edicts to force those around them to wear it because they feel afraid.

I must admit, your logic is sound about how the 4th turning goes and how individual "rights" come to have almost no bearing.  I definitely agree with that and I'm sad I have to live through this hell.  It IS hell.  My life and the lives of others have been so disrupted and who knows how it will turn out?  We will get through it, but I feel as with past turnings we may look back in shame at the QUICK choices we made that damaged our civilization for generations and beyond.

This is why I have to - as much as I VERY MUCH dislike the president, even to hatred - he is the only one that has taken the alternative view.  As stupid as his slants have been, I don't see many others who spoke of re-opening or talked of hope or talked about WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER.  I feel like had this been Biden or maybe even Obama, they would just incur us all to wear the mask, stay home and WAIT.  Human beings cannot live that way.  Even if it may be a reality, there needs to be some existential hope of when it's over.  As stupid and foolish as this president has been in so many ways, I feel he at least provided that. 

Now, I will boldly claim myself to be pretty tolerant and REAL to have said that.  Not many people I know will "drift the aisle" or parade with fools openly even if they happen to inwardly chime with something that idiot is doing.  Not many.  I'll take the props for that now, thank you.

As for the government providing masks to all stores, I find that unrealistic.

Lastly, I have found myself chiming with the idea this president has left a lot of things to the states instead of mandating them from the oval offices.  Then, some call that cowardly and lacking in leadership.  It seems sometimes, one cannot "win".

To summate, I have almost a life-long hatred for that man and in no way desire to stand up for anything he has or is doing.  But I have the fortitude to say it when it may ring true to me.

As for masks, fear should never be allowed to win over choice.  Tell the pregnant lady my penis says she should not abort.  It's the same thing.  I have nothing to do with her choice to do it or not do it.  The pigs in masks should take ALL the comfort they need and wrap themselves in saran to feel safer of they want to, but don't tread on my freedom to not care if that's what I feel. 

As for those I choose to ignore, you are ignorant fucks and I CHOOSE not to respond to you here.  The moderator is equally ignorant for making posts available to those you choose to put on ignore.  Some of you have problems.  Don't we all.  But STOP responding to me.  I do not desire to HEAR you or to even know you exist.  You know who you are.  Just stop.  It's like a goddamned chat rapist when you do not wish to experience someone and the frakking mod makes their shit visible on your screen.  Who does that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by TheNomad - 05-30-2020, 12:00 AM