Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-30-2020, 01:03 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I do not recognize myself in it, or anyone I know.

None are so blind as those that will not see.  Obviously you aren't going to be willing to see that in yourself.  It doesn't mean it isn't there.

(05-30-2020, 08:46 PM)TheNomad Wrote: masks are not a political thing?  They arent a scientific thing either UNLESS you believe they are....  You want to do this for the rest of your life?

Contrary to the belief of leftists, science isn't about what you believe; it's about objective truth.  People have done experiments showing masks reduce virus shedding by a factor of 3.4. This isn't a model based on assumptions.

Alternatively, try explaining how Pacific Rim nations like Japan have done so much better than the US and Europe. The main difference is that they are much more willing to use masks early.

But you know what?  You don't have to believe the science.  You said your state has a requirement, so wear a mask to avoid getting fined or jailed.

I'd much rather wear a mask for the rest of my life than never be able to go out of my house for the rest of my life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by Warren Dew - 05-31-2020, 01:40 AM