Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-31-2020, 02:01 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:40 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'd much rather wear a mask for the rest of my life than never be able to go out of my house for the rest of my life.

This is bizarre because you want to wear the mask because you want to go out some day.  You focus on transmission of something which is so unknown in affects and immunization factor and "shedding" basically forever.  So, you are committing to the mask because you maybe will wear the mask forever.  It's a bizarre thing to say.  If the virus is as potent as is supposed, you are just slowing down the "bomb" and making it take a lot longer to destroy the human race.  I am sorry if you can't hear that but I believe it may be true.

It won't destroy the human race.  Covid-19 basically doesn't cause deaths in children and young adults.  At worst, it will just kill people at a younger age.  But, I'd rather have those extra years of life, as I think most people would.

Quote:Also, I am currently directly affected by a CDC statute in my daily life for health reasons.  And I know based on that the CDC does have a political agenda.  I couldn't say that if I didn't have this situation.  It's about medication.  Anyone who says the CDC is not in part political is very mistaken.  I have had medications commanded by the CDC and regulations change depending on who controls the white house or senate.  It's happened from Bush through this one.  I've paid attention.  I DO pay attention.

The CDC is very political.  The CDC was telling us not to wear masks two months ago, and now recommends masks.  Obviously that wasn't based on established science.

The data was available two months ago that showed masks were effective.  Personally, I was advocating them then.  It just took a while for mask wearing to become so painfully obvious that the government could no longer ignore it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by Warren Dew - 05-31-2020, 02:22 AM