Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-30-2020, 09:26 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: I see Eric has turned this into some kind of political thing.  The truth is, both blue and red political advocates were telling people not to wear masks early on, red because they don't like governmental restraint even when collective action is needed, and blue because they wanted the pandemic to get worse and destroy the economy, giving them a better chance to win in November.  Masks are not a political thing.

No, I never said or implied that. So count me out of that idea. Trump turned this into a political thing early. He said it was a hoax to boost the Democrats. Then he urged on the demonstrations against the lockdowns, demonstrations financed by rich reactionary people including some in his administration. He made opposition to lockdowns political, pitting economic interests against health ones and making the economic interest a Republican stance. He supports conspiracy theories which are useful for deceiving and riling up the people and causing chaos; that is his aim. 

But I am happy that some Republican governors did not turn this crisis political, like those of ND, OH and MD, and I give them credit.

I admit though, now that Trump's response has ruined the economy, it could be a silver lining to this thing if Trump loses. He can no longer claim that he has made America great again. That's good, since he never did. Keys are starting to turn quickly against Trump in the Lichtman List. His horoscope score marginally better than Biden's may not save him.

But I never wanted the pandemic to get worse; I followed it from the start, including here, hoping it would not spread. It ruins our chances for a full life and puts us all in danger. I didn't want that.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by Eric the Green - 06-01-2020, 10:24 PM