Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on the George Floyd protests
Race as a dimension of differences between people is way overrated. I am White but I always felt I have more in common with idealistic, rational Blacks like Maggie Aderin-Pocock (the host of the BBC's Sky at Night) than with some lowlife Whites such as chavs.

It's the activist community who play up the racial tensions in America, in 2004 65% of Black Americans said the relations between Blacks and Whites are good, versus only 40% now:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1687/Race-Relations.aspx

Don't get me wrong, I know there is real racism in America, and other parts of the developed world as well. There are many racists within the police, even Neil Tyson remarked he was stopped by cops more often than his White colleagues. There have to be reforms, but the reformers shouldn't consider the police as a whole an enemy. Good cops must triumph over the bad ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts on the George Floyd protests - by Blazkovitz - 06-13-2020, 05:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,817 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,905 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund