Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The cancer infecting the political Left
(12-07-2020, 03:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 02:47 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 01:04 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: You guys are indeed to blame for everything wrong with America. You guys should wear MAW hats: Make America Worse.

Biden did suffer a decline in the election returns from what the polls said, essentially his margin of victory being cut in half, and Democrats lost ground in the House and so far have failed to take back the Senate. That was probably due to the Trump team's greater willingness to wage door to door ground campaigns. Trump's rallies were shown by Chuck Todd on Meet the Press to be counter-productive. Biden didn't stay home the bulk of the time, but you keep parroting that Hannity/Ingraham Fox talking point, because that's all you watch for your news. You live in a bubble, and thus the AG's report and the decisions of 40 judges that Trump has no fraud case make no impression on you. Just as Trump ignored the pandemic and sponsored super-spreader events, so he and you called it fraudulent to offer many more mail-in ballots so people could vote safely. As for Google and Facebook et al, their behavior depends on your point of view. What you call censorship, others call an inadequate job of fact checking and removal of malicious lies and conspiracy theory and threats to peoples' safety. Biden may be old, but he's doing well and is fully articulate, despite some signs of dementia in early primary debates. So you no longer have a case there either. He was the only candidate running who could have won, as the horoscope scores show. If no-one better stepped up to run, which no-one did, then we had no other choice but Joe.

Well, we can't go back through and fact check every vote that was cast during the election. You made a mistake, the DNC made a mistake and the Rhino's made a mistake and it won't be long before you all figure that out and find yourselves more or less separated from the rest of the country with a tidal wave of debt and global obligations coming at you all. Sometimes you have to pull the plug and tank a make believe economy to level the playing field and preserve the better half. America will be fine once it separates and wipes out all of you guys during the process. We'll do whatever it takes to preserve America and protect our portion of the country and you're going to find that out soon enough now that we have Biden/Harris in office and a wayward government that only cares about enriching itself and financially bettering itself on the taxpayers dime. Trump lost. I don't care if Trump takes his time before handing Biden the keys to the White House after all the big government hoopla is over. I have no intentions to watch Biden get sworn into office. America will be fine as Washington goes ape shit. I didn't go ape shit when a bunch of lowly Democrats skipped his inauguration or a bunch of self absorbed celebrity athletes refused his invitation to the White House to be recognized for their accomplishments and so forth.

The elections have been recounted and fact-checked and certified. There was no fraud. Anyone who says there was, is a loony. As I said, we made no mistake in voting for Biden because that's who there was to vote for. The voters chose Biden, not the DNC.

Reagan, W. Bush and Trump created the debt. YOUR guys created the debt. I know you guys like to pull the plug on the economy. Your Wall Street boys love to do that, like they did in 2008. Trump did that by ignoring the pandemic, not preparing for it, denying it, not taking action on it, resulting in shutdowns and closings that continue unabated. Your guys only care about enriching yourselves on our dime. Blue states support your red states. Your debt will be paid by our descendants. 

I don't care what Trump says or does. He will never get back the keys to the White House, unless he gets to run in 2024 against Kamala Harris, and then I wouldn't bet on Harris.

You don't preserve America, you destroy it. All you care about is your stupid guns, your money and your vision of America without immigrants, which means you care about Zero.

Indeed, no election has had so many recounts as this one. All establish the same thing: the original vote count was right, and every state that Joe Biden was said to have won in the media.. he won. It's 306 electoral votes, 27 of them from states that the Democrats have not won in a Presidential election since the 1990's. 

I can't understand how Republicans can say that Democrats cheated when the final results were less favorable to the Democrats than was expected a couple weeks earlier. What looked like a possible wave election favoring the Democrats has proved to be a status-quo election except for the President. Democrats thought that they were going to win more states for the Presidency and win some Senate seats that they didn't.

Trump lost his part of the election, and if he had been simply substandard and not as hideous as he was, then he would have been re-elected. Democrats would have nominated someone sure to go down to defeat... maybe someone honored for 'long and dedicated service' by party loyalists... like Mondale in 1984 or Dole in 1996. Incumbent Presidents typically win status quo elections. 

I think we are past telling Classic X'er how awful Trump was... if he can ignore nearly 290,000 deaths from a respiratory infection of the kind that we thought until recently no longer happens in the First World, one that is killing Americans on the scale of a Crisis War... well he may be beyond home.

The days in which accusations of electoral fraud make sense are over. Both Parties have insisted on preventing it, and both have, as the political realities demand, insisted on the sorts of controls on electoral devices and materials characteristic of accounting controls for cash and valuable objects in Big Business. There are rigid chains of custody for voting devices, and strict controls on the sources of ballot materials. Counts of votes and voters practically ensure that such a fraud as phantom votes on a machine, phantom voters, or phantom ballots is impossible. Ballots have watermarks from reputable suppliers of paper as for personal checks or legal documents, so if someone introduces fake ballots that have the wrong watermark... then there is Hell to pay. Dead people voting? I went to the township clerk after both my mother and my father died to have them removed from the voter rolls. I showed the death certificate for my mother in 2014... and the clerk promptly removed my mother. After my father died (2016) the township clerk told me that he had already been removed from voter rolls because the county clerk now reads the obituaries and disqualifies people whose names and days of birth match those in the obituaries. 

It has never been easier to detect electoral fraud in America, so it is practically impossible to get away with it.  The consequences are just not worth the risk. 

... The demographic trends do not favor the Republican Party as its ideology suggests. 2020 is the best year ever for the Republican party in winning raw votes. Democrats did not do as much face-to-face politics as is normal... because of COVID-19. We'll be back doing that in 2022, and the Republican Party has far more incumbents at risk of losing re-election bids, especially if they remain supportive of Donald Trump, and especially if they obstruct popular legislation. Voters over 55 (Silent, Boom and early-wave X)  are still about 5% more D than R and voters under 40 (this will be exclusively Millennial and Homelander adults) are about 20% more D than R. That again implies about a 0.8% shift from R to D in the electorate by 2022. With Millennial pols appearing for high elective office, those pols will generally be more able to excite young-adult voters. 

Trump and the GOP did succeed at blind-siding Democrats late in the campaign. These people still believe that no human suffering can ever be in excess in the support of the power, indulgence, and gain (PIG) of entrenched elites... but it is questionable how long they can run on this. Trump and the GOP hit Democrats hard by attacking Democrats for being lenient on Commie and near-Commie regimes in Cuba and Venezuela.  Next time... I would retort with "What do you expect to do? Invade Cuba and Venezuela?" 

But that is Florida. One state. 

The GOP will have some accounting to do for gross incompetence in dealing with COVID-19.   Life will be back to normal as a safe and effective vaccine for the Plague of Donald Trump... except that we will be aware of the absence of at least 300,000 people. People will be asking questions, and the gory details will be out.  How did people die? That's so far for the nurses and other medical staff to know.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The cancer infecting the political Left - by pbrower2a - 12-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 367 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,538 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 655 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 742 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 650 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
  Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? Einzige 66 46,422 03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,332 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,230 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,381 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,482 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin