Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T.
(07-27-2020, 11:08 PM)Einzige Wrote: I said this four years ago:

(10-22-2016, 02:21 AM)Einzige Wrote: On the subject of a Regeneracy, it's probably important to bear in mind that, if there's something to the Megacycle theory and we're in the closing years of a Megaunraveling (with 1789-1865/76 as a Megahigh and 1865/76-1945 as a Megaawakening), there may not be a big Regeneracy this time. The Unraveling exists in opposite and inverted proportion to the High, at a time of "falling demand for social order". My bet is that the Crises of Megaunravelings see the weakest Regeneracies and the Crises of Megaawakenings the strongest Regeneracies.

Doesn't mean there won't be one, but that it may be so subtle that we'll be arguing about whether it actually happened for a long time. Hell, it may have already happened.

I stand by it. The renewed BLM protests, the Corona response, are sort of a Regeneracy, but they are weak ones without the kind of overwhelming mandate that, say, the total discrediting of the isolationists on December 7th, 1941 went through.  I believe the Pearl Harbor regeneracy to be a Megaawakening regeneracy, so the total conversion of the nation to interventionism overnight fits my view.

We are, I think, currently undergoing a Regeneracy - a Megaunraveling Regeneracy, which is necessarily weak and splintery.

The outcome? Trump probably loses; Biden tamps down a few wingnuts militias and gets Pantheoned by liberals as a GOAT just for existing. Nothing gets resolved and we're on our way to the Megacrisis.

We are just passing the half-way point of this saeculum's crisis era. Most of the changes are yet to happen, as per usual. If this saeculum's Crisis/4T is mild, it is not because this is a mega-unravelling (it's not), but because the foundations of the most powerful and prosperous "high" any nation has ever experienced were strong enough so Americans could coast along through the rest of the saeculum without paying much attention. In other words, we became indulgent and complacent.

But things are coming home to roost, the the virus and the BLM protests are the tip of the iceberg. The biggest iceberg about to hit us is climate change, and we must resolve it well enough to continue civilization in this 4T or our future is a world like the PETM warming, only 10 times faster and thus 10 times more severe in its effects.

The nature of this crisis is a cold civil war. This a true regeneracy can only come once the regressive side is defeated. That will be the bulk of this crisis, to bring about a true defeat of the Republican Party and fight through a reorganization of our republic.

There is no mega-saeculum, because the actual long-term cycle is the cycle of civilization, recognized by many historians. It is also a planetary cycle, and it supercedes any national cycles. This mega-cycle consists of almost 6 saecula, not 4. The power and significance of our solar system is close at hand, relatively speaking. The cycle happens between conjunctions of Neptune and Pluto. Apparently small Pluto is the most interesting planet out there, and it rules the rise and fall of civilizations. It works in tandem with Neptune, the carrier of mass mood and consciousness, the ocean of humanity.

The previous conjunction happened 128 years ago, and so is relatively recent in this 493-year cycle. The following crisis of transition was the most deadly and dangerous ever in human history, but we got through it, and the USA was left standing as the only world power. Thus the following great American high. So overall we are in a renaissance or golden age period in the cycle of civilization, if we could but recognize it. No-one in history has ever had the means and even the inspiration available to us to be creative on a scale as we do. We just need to recognize that the previous Awakening, and the previous one before that, furnishes all the inspiration we need. Instead of putting down these periods, celebrate and revere them, and groove with them, and bring their promise of enlightenment into being. Gen Xers may have difficulty doing this. But they did experience a revival of these awakenings in the early 1990s era, so it's there if they want to embrace it.

See this post and the next one here:
http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid50887
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T. - by Eric the Green - 07-28-2020, 12:38 AM