Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T.
(07-28-2020, 12:35 PM)Einzige Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 12:23 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: One possibility is that this 4T may lead to minor reforms.  Which may be the best one can get out of a weak, splintery 4T.

I concur.

And this is mirrored in the big upheavals in American social life. Set aside BLM, Corona etc. for a moment- what is the real story of American society at the moment?

... the adoption of self-sustaining tiny homes and homesteading as a way of life. Really, that's it.

Doesn't that kind of read like a 3T response to the all-encompassing, potentially world-ending environmental holocaust we know is on the horizon in the coming decades? Green cars as a reaction to the end of the Anthropocene? We Can Have Our Cake And Eat It, Too?

Totally an Unraveling answer to massive, existential crisis: keep consuming; just consume differently.

My first glance is that you are making an S&H turning analysis.  What you are saying is that if you ignore the crisis, nothing is happening.  This is kind of like analyzing the ocean, but as a simplifying assumption you are ignoring the water.

If the virus leaves the economy in bad shape so Biden cannot implement the blue agenda, your concerns can become quite valid.  If this occurs, we will have a powerful awakening when the next generation of prophets find their new voice.  If the collapse is only going to happen in the US and other places where a Trump like autocratic feeling caught, it will not be a global problem.

But the missing element, I think, is that the fossil fuel powers that be have delayed fusion so that they can make as much profit as they can from fossil fuels.  This desire for profits has left us playing chicken with global warming.  This includes both Big Oil and their pet governments.  At some point they will achieve their profits and and let fusion come to fruition.  We will transition to non polluting energy as fast as we can build the infrastructure.  I kind of looked for this to happen in the high as that is the time infrastructure building is traditionally done.  The alternative is when the new prophets scream loudly enough.

If the answer to the problem is building infrastructure, how will violence help?  If energy becomes cheap and automation is boosting the ability to build things. what austerity problem?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T. - by Bob Butler 54 - 07-28-2020, 01:53 PM