Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T.
(07-31-2020, 09:17 AM)sbarrera Wrote: Interesting. It would be great to hear directly from Einzige.

Now, what about the fact that some of the early turnings were pre-Industrial? We already have the cycle spanning two different Ages in that sense. They start at the end of the Renaissance in the pre-Industrial Early Modern Age.

The only allowance I recall S&H making for a shift that happened from the early Turnings to our time is that the life-phases shortened, leading to shorter Turnings. That is, people, grow up faster now and so the generations come faster.

I count the equilibrium of the Agricultural Age as beginning to break with the Black Death, Renaissance, gunpowder weapons and the printing press.  Not sure exactly where to put the age boundary.  In history, there are often areas of honest debate when you try to be too specific.

It is not just S&H turnings that has the cross perspective problem.  If you advocate for a given perspective, it is from tempting to inevitable not to confuse the issue by bringing in other perspectives.  No matter if you are reading up on turnings, ages, or civilizations, you tend to see the other ways of looking at things pretty much neglected.  Where I am trying to combine the three perspective I tend to think when reading about one perspective, yes, that's right, but what about...  It was a while before I started to apply the general rule, that if you crossed a border in any of the three systems, you had to be carful about your empiric observations.  You tend to get so absorbed in your favorite perspective that you ignore what you learned from the others.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We be Mega-3T; we are entering a Mega-4T. - by Bob Butler 54 - 07-31-2020, 12:57 PM