Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Counterculture created the Reagan Revolution
(07-29-2020, 05:52 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Rhere is a big difference between what Marx put between the pages of various books and what the revolutionaries actually did when they got their hands on power.

It's almost like those revolutions occurred in pre-capitalist societies in which "the fleeing serfs only wished to freely develop and fully realise the conditions of existence, which were already at sight" - capitalism, and that Marxists who tried to telescope the capitalist into the proletarian revolution were bound to fail for this reason.

Now, can we talk about how the 60s counterculture contributed to the rise of Reaganism?

Quote:A big disconnect.  I remember JPT pulled this trick too in quoting Marx's writing and supposedly making excuses for giving the revolutionaries another shot.  Me, I think they have been given enough shots.  There are actually non Marxist systems that have achieved real results in the real world that should be tried first.  Violence is the proverbial last resort.

It hardly matters what you or I think ought to be "given a shot"; it's inexorable and will happen.

But again, this thread is about how the individualists of the 1960s were perfectly integrated into the Reaganite marketing scheme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Counterculture created the Reagan Revolution - by Einzige - 07-29-2020, 05:59 PM