Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumponomics: It's (Still) the Economy, Stupid
We're in, if not an unprecedented period, a period of unusual dynamics. Inflation is extremely low, growth is good though not spectacular, and the job market is finally tightening. The economy has had the longest period without a recession or even a mild downturn in decades. Under conditions like these, the smart money tends to see the future as one of two things, a bubble waiting to burst or a recession in the offing. Yet the smart money is betting big. Of course, the smart money bet big under GWB too.

Color me dubious. If the bull market continues another year, I'll be shocked. If it continues another 60 days without a large correction, I might be a bit scared.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumponomics: It's (Still) the Economy, Stupid - by David Horn - 03-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Brexit crash the economy? Eric the Green 5 3,593 01-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  The World Economy Looks a Bit Like It's the 1930s Dan '82 6 3,968 06-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Galen