Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
(03-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

I miss Brian Rush.  

Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

No. Changing horses as necessary. I am becoming much more conservative on foreign policy... and I warn conservatives that they had better find something worthy of preserving.

Quote:The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

I'm not convinced of the superiority of any generation. Boomer elites are of course the worst things to happen to American political life for a very long time -- the exploiters who insist that the be seen as benefactors to those that they abuse and cheat. Like Demagogue Don.

Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

We are going to see a coalition emerge across generations, one that repudiates the collective bad habits of America and pushes new, workable solutions.

Quote:If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The people who seem to complain most about oppression as a group are under-educated white people of the Mountain and Deep South. They seem to have found the wrong solution in you-know-who.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which founding father are you most like? - by pbrower2a - 03-08-2017, 04:50 PM