Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
(04-28-2017, 10:29 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: It's not a regeneracy if a majority rejects it. The rise of Donald Trump would be a regeneracy if we had Americans giving more than reigned acceptance. "Wait 'til 2018" and "Wait 'til 2020" are not expressions of a Regeneracy. The next President (unless Mike Pence through the death, resignation, or disability of Trump) will bring about the Regeneracy. A Regeneracy might exist even if it is evil, as with Hitler.

Boomers are not the majority on this Forum.  Does the AARP have Forums?

As a True Believer, Viktor Ippolitovich Komarovsky, you aren't the sort that Adaptive/Artist/New Silent will like.

"I am white" is the least-valid manifestation of identity politics in America. There are plenty of white losers, and voting for Donald Trump shows them as such. Middle-class blacks generally seek to elevate poor blacks, and middle-class Hispanics seek to elevate poor Hispanics.  Middle-class white people generally do little for poor whites.

Let's all work to end oppression of any kind, including the genuine oppression (some of it self-inflicted) of poor white people whom our system has served badly. Some of the poorest communities in America are lily-white. Middle-class blacks, Hispanics, and Asians are not oppressed people in America.

1.  2018 is an off year election.  The hopes for the Democratic party is not good unless the President seriously fucks up.  I don't foresee that happening so I expect the GOP to hold the house and pick up a few seats in the Senate.  Who is on the out is the anti-Trump GOPers.

2.  I wouldn't know.  Nor do I particularly care.  Perhaps you could check it out and report back to us.  Besides I'm not eligible to even join them for an other 10 years anyway.  One has to be a minimum of 50 so I have a few years to go yet.

3.  I think you'll be surprised.  There are strong trends for them to be headed toward fiscal responsibility and social conservatism.  The Zeds are not called "The most conservative generation in 70 years" for nothing.  As for the generation itself liking me, I don't really care, and I doubt you have the capacity to accurately assess what they will or will not care for.

4.  Incorrect.  If we are to have a politics based on identity, and an identity based upon race no less, then having a white identity is as valid as having a black one or latino one.  (Hispanic is a linguistic designation not a racial one.)  As I said, we must determine if we have idenity politics for all or for none.  If it is the former, then the likes of Jared Taylor, Richard Spencer and David Duke have a right to a seat at the table.  If it is for no one, then Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton need to shut the hell up.  (Which they should do anyway.)

For the record I'm of the belief that there shouldn't be identity politics for anyone. 

5.  I would argue that there aren't any oppressed groups in the US at all.  If we took every black out of the country and gave them their own space with all their wealth intact.  And remember this is just 13% or so of the population, then that new country would have the 20th largest economy in the world and a per capita GDP on par with Italy (which is hardly a third world shit hole).  In short the richest blacks in the world live in the US.

I'm willing to gamble that the same would be true of Latinos as well, though they are a larger percentage of the population and generally have more capital than blacks do.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which founding father are you most like? - by Kinser79 - 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM