Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
Quote:(Self-righteous insults)

I'm not even insulting you, I am pointing out that a 20 minute conversation probably isn't sufficient for a formal diagnosis (which if I am not mistaken is no longer possible with "Asperger's"), according to the two separate psychiatrists I spoke to about the subject.  And that you seem awfully judgmental of other people for someone seeking professional care.

Quote:I certainly didn't need detox.

Did you go to a detox clinic specifically?  Am confused.

Quote:I was told that I might as well have an occasional beer or glass of wine just to dissolve the anxiety that goes with the territory. That is the exact opposite that is suggested to people with chemical dependency. One drink is safer than pills for anxiety. It's the third drink, the one that dissolves reason and conscience, that creates trouble. 

I'm sorry, digging through my early memories on this board, didn't you use to complain of gout and how it prevented you from enjoying said glasses of wine?

Quote:One good thing about Asperger's is that we don't have problems with chemical dependency.

Not really true.  Pretty sure there is a fairly substantial co-morbidity of substance abuse and mental health disorders, including both autism-spectrum disorders and depression.  There is certainly evidence to suggest that people with autism spectrum disorders are more prone to addictive behaviors, be it drugs or videogames or posting on a message board.

Not saying you specifically suffer from chemical dependency, but the quoted statement is not really accurate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by SomeGuy - 03-14-2017, 01:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,923 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk