Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fictional characters and archetypes
(08-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 12:55 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 12:31 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 01:18 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: Boomers are hypocrites, like all "Prophets" - but after all, they're just playing heroes, they don't have to be.

Harrison Ford did a good job playing an anti-hero, though.

RIP Han Solo, you were the best.

-- & he was killed by his whiny punk brat of all ppl. That's when Star Wars jumped the shark. Now that Carrie Fisher's dead 4 real, so is Star Wars

I agree, but they'll still play it out to finish the trilogy-trilogy.  At 9 films, that cake is baked!

FWIW, I saw the first film on opening weekend in 1977, and the other two in the original trilogy soon after each was released.  I skipped episodes 1-3, but dragged myself to The Force Awakens.  I'm conflicted about the last 2: I've avoided The Last Jedi so far.

-- is George Lucas dead too? He did the 1st 6 episodes, but these last 3 are all done by other ppl. Who was the dumbaz that killed off Harrison Ford? I remember watching 7 & that girl & Finn are ok but when they are hiding on the Millenium Falcon bcuz there's an intruder aboard & the door opens & there's Harrison Ford & l'm thinking, NOW I'm watching Star Wars. I have absolutely zero intrest in the other 2 films. I do know ppl who saw the Last Jedi & did not care 4 it. Plus, since Carrie Fisher passed b4 the film was finished, they had 2 computer generate her for the parts of the flick filmed post mortem. My friends said it was just wierd

Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and handed the CEO keys to Kathleen Kennedy -- who is a very good director herself.  To be honest, if I was George Lucas, and had the option of selling something as valuable as Lucasfilm, I probably would too.  In your 70s, it gets tiring to run a corporation and be the creative genius at the same time.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fictional characters and archetypes - by bobc - 01-28-2018, 07:08 PM
RE: Fictional characters and archetypes - by David Horn - 08-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generational Archetypes in Anime JasonBlack 10 2,465 03-15-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack