Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planetary Dynamics
I still don't see either of us as being fundamentalists.  I really reserve that label for groups with a detailed interpretation of a holy book that do not accept any interpretation other than their own.  JPT was a fundamentalist.  the two of us are off the beaten track wackos.

I will admit to being fond of Newton's Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, and the leading paragraphs of Jefferson's Declaration of Independence.  To a lesser degree, I respect parts of the Bible, but that's a historical document written over many centuries reflecting many conflicting cultures and world views.  I find myself having to be selective there.

I do sort of expect a rigid arbitrary defense of Planetary Dynamics.  Your thought patterns can be as rigid and inflexible as a fundamentalist's.  Still, one person rigidly defending said person's viewpoint doesn't feel to me like fundamentalism.  Fundamentalism to me involves a big group pounding on a holy book while breathing fire and brimstone.

But if Fundamentalism just means believing firmly in one's world view, one might say there are lots of fundamentalists visiting the forum.  Lots of us are committed firmly to our beliefs, our ways of looking at things.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Planetary Dynamics - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-10-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-10-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Eric the Green - 06-12-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by David Horn - 06-12-2017, 10:53 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Eric the Green - 06-12-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-12-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Eric the Green - 06-12-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-13-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: Planetary Dynamics - by Eric the Green - 06-13-2017, 04:05 AM