Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle
(12-31-2016, 06:23 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I wonder if there could be nontraditional solutions to the empty space.  An anchor location would be just the right size for an electric go cart place.  Some people might prefer restaurants that are quieter because they have more space between tables, such that one could actually carry on a conversation.  These things might become feasible if the rents per square foot come down enough.

Hmmmm.... Yes.  I think they could be re-purposed as new town squares if they're not too far away. The anchor spaces could be used as green house spots. Next, you can have thrift shops, a recycling center, and farmer's markets. The cherry on top would be Uber/shuttle service/taxis/etc. I agree on restaurants. Fresh ingredients from the green house could be used there as well as the farmer's market. Now that would be an awesome way to opt out of this rat race neo-liberal crap economy we have now. Let's have it for what's old, is new again. Let's all get back to the Garden.

Kiddies!  I bet some of them got a few hits from the joints being passed around. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before this gets blamed on Trump....... - by Ragnarök_62 - 12-31-2016, 06:39 PM