Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle
(01-02-2017, 05:04 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 05:47 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Bingo.
http://www.businessinsider.com/stores-cl...rs-2016-12
I blame neo-liberal economics myself.  It's all  karma you see.  As long as the downward spiral of the fortunes of working folks continues, it will feed into the already established positive feedback loop of ever falling effective demand. 

My thoughts tend in that direction, no surprise there Smile

Personally, I am amazed at how hard shopping has become. Finding a decent product that lasts, is problematic these days. Now I'm once again seeking a CD player.....

You are seeking a nearly dead product.  Current offerings are going to be dismal but dirt cheap. I recently needed a Blu-Ray player for the TV in my bedroom.  I got one for $65 that works great.  It replaces one I bought for $450.  Since I also have the TV connected to my media server, losing the Blu-Ray was only a problem when I rent movies.  If Redbox dies, I'll trash the player.

I suspect that the cloud-based media model will even make my server obsolete in a few years.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before this gets blamed on Trump....... - by David Horn - 01-03-2017, 12:42 PM