Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle
(07-15-2017, 07:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I wouldn't buy shoes or men's suits on line. Art? No way! Furniture? Stereo speakers? Absolutely not.

...I doubt that you bought a car on line.  Of course, where you live (Boston) you are in one of the most insane places in which to drive a car.

But cars are not sold in shopping malls except perhaps Mall of America, and I give that qualification because I have never  been there.

I bought my current car, in 2005, by using an online service that got me bids from various dealerships, of which I chose the lowest.  I did go to the dealership to pick it up.  I'm not sure whether that qualifies as buying it online.

I bought my last pair of shoes online, but that wasn't fully satisfactory.  Then again, the previous couple of pairs bought at shoe stores weren't that satisfactory either.  Maybe I'm just picky about shoes.  Most of the kids' shoes get bought online since I can buy a size ahead and count on them growing into it.

The last time I bought a suit, art, or stereo speakers was before the web existed.  I buy all my furniture on line; Craigslist is great for inexpensive high quality furniture for the kids.  Yes it's used but it's still better than the new stuff these days.  I do look at the furniture in person before finalizing the deal.

I haven't been able to afford art since the 1980s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle - by Warren Dew - 07-16-2017, 03:08 AM