Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle
(07-16-2017, 03:08 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: I bought my last pair of shoes online, but that wasn't fully satisfactory.  Then again, the previous couple of pairs bought at shoe stores weren't that satisfactory either.  Maybe I'm just picky about shoes.  Most of the kids' shoes get bought online since I can buy a size ahead and count on them growing into it.

I have found that the older I get, the more attention I need to get shoes right. I've two sisters, a retired nurse and an retired elementary school teacher. Just because they spent their careers on their feet, they found a quality brand that works for them (SAS) and a store that knew how to fit shoes. As a young engineer I could walk in anywhere and buy most anything, but as a retired guy who walks a lot I've begun following my sister's example. Mind you, SAS has a web site that lets you order most anything they make, but getting it to fit is important too, and once I've taken a sales clerk's time, I feel they ought to get their cut.

But it depends. As book stores vanish, I find myself buying more e-books on line. If I make a purchase in general, I like to see and touch before buying. As the economy is in transition, I'm slowly shifting with it.

I do consider a retail bubble is about to burst or is bursting, with restaurants to follow. Too many lowish income jobs will go with these bubbles.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead Malls and the Generational Cycle - by Bob Butler 54 - 07-20-2017, 10:46 AM