Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Revelation 12 sign?

I'm not one or either religion or astrology, but this astronomical event coming at the end of a solar eclipse a month before is troubling as eclipses are historically associated with historical events.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Using the stars to predict anything other than the change of the seasons or for navigation is folly. The only real use for Jupiter for predicting anything on Earth is for predicting radio static, as Jupiter's magnetic field is so strong that it can encompass the Earth.  The constellations form an optical illusion because people generally don't see in  three-dimensions. The first-magnitude stars Altair and Procyon look as if they are on opposite sides of the sky as if the Sun is halfway between them -- but in reality the two stars are two of the closest visible stars to us. The stars of the 'belt' of Orion, which look close together, are far more distant from the each other than Altair, the Sun, and Procyon even if the "Belt" looks like a celestial object in its own right.

Besides, Revelation is practically useless except as a stirring tale of science fiction dressed up as prophecy.

Antichrist? (really, a key personality of Revelation not mentioned here) Adolf Hitler is close enough for me. Jesus was speaking largely to Jews, and it is unfortunate that Revelation doesn't signal the man who would most devastate Jews and Judaism. Hitler is also the greatest shame of Christian civilization, Hitler and all other Nazis having been raised as Christians. 

Second Coming of Jesus?  Jesus did not achieve much that the Prophets of Judaism would have expected the Messiah to perform. It is questionable that Christians behave any better than the rest of Humanity.

Any alignment of the planets is practically random along the Ecliptic except that Mercury and Venus are limited  in range of angular distance from the Sun because they are closer.

The eclipse of August 21 was of course a conjunction of the Sun and Moon; it is practically coincidence that it was practically an occultation of both with the star Regulus, the star of the "King". Of beasts, that is. Leo, as in "Lion". Leo is one of the few constellations that really looks a lot like what it refers to, but even then Leo looks not particularly different from some other cat or even a dog. (Dogs can be very similar in build to lions, and the animal other than the wolf that they most closely resemble in behavior is... lions).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(08-24-2017, 09:33 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Using the stars to predict anything other than the change of the seasons or for navigation is folly.

I agree.  However, it is entirely possible that the perception that an astronomical event related to the biblical book of revelation, or similar religious/occult predictions could lead to events.  I was mostly looking to see what the religious were interpreting this astronomical event to be as their perceptions could be turned to reality via their actions.

Quote:The only real use for Jupiter for predicting anything on Earth is for predicting radio static, as Jupiter's magnetic field is so strong that it can encompass the Earth.

Indeed. As someone who regularly listens to international shortwave broadcasts one must be cognizant of Jupiter's magnetic field as it regularly interacts with the Earth's Ionosphere which is what shortwave is bounced off of to achieve world wide radio transmission.

I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post as it simply isn't relevant to what I'm after.  I'm looking for the perceptions of the religious besides my own sperm donor who is convinced that the rapture is going to happen any day now and Jesus is coming back.  Whereas I'm much more in line with Ray Hagins ideology on that matter.

It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.