Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Governor Moonbeam's plan to spread aids around
(10-20-2017, 09:46 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:33 PM)David Horn Wrote: Right now, in reality world, California consists of 17% of the entire US economy and has its growth rate tied to technology, entertainment and lifestyle related sectors like wine.  In dollar value, it is also the #1 producer of food by state.  I think California is in great shape.

California has three non-geological faults:

1. Air pollution in Greater LA
2. High rents in the desirable places in which to live
3. Very low incomes in the Central Valley -- but high taxes to go with those.

Earthquakes come with the geological faults.

California is far from perfect; no place qualifies for that.  But they are tracking in a positive direction: identifying their faults and trying to address them.  That beats any number of states that effectively deny reality and lean on dogma rather than analysis to find solutions.  Kansas is only the worst example of many.

So given a choice, I'll through in with the Left Coast.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-19-2017, 03:33 PM)David Horn Wrote: Right now, in reality world, California consists of 17% of the entire US economy and has its growth rate tied to technology, entertainment and lifestyle related sectors like wine.  In dollar value, it is also the #1 producer of food by state.  I think California is in great shape.

California also has around 10% of the US population.  If it didn't produce a sizable minority of total GDP then something would be seriously wrong.  And there is.  Lets look at the leading sectors in CA:

Tech:  High dollar low labor
Hollyweird:  High dollar low labor (though there is argument to be made that Hollyweird is on its way out)
Luxury goods production:  Wine and etc  High dollar, maybe medium labor.

So what is the reality in CA...having been in that shit hole recently  (and by recently I mean 2015)  Large numbers of unemployed, a large underclass and the wages of that underclass being depressed by illegal aliens being present everywhere.

So no CA does not look so good to me.  Probably explains why Californians are fleeing CA for places like TX whose economy is growing rather rapidly.  There is also great economic growth (Irma not withstanding) in FL too as well as the other states in the South not only catching up but outstripping the North.

I don't put that down to immigration so much as a reverse Great Migration of the remnant of the black bourgeoisie/petty-bourgeoisie as well as what whites who can flee the rust belt doing so.

And This bleak outlook for CA is made worse by the fact that it is on easy mode setting with the two largest west coast ports and a coastline length only shorter than Alaska (which is unpopulated) and Florida (which is subject to semi-regular hurricane activity).

Yeah I'm not impressed with CA and even less impressed with how Moonbeam is running whats left of it into the ground, just like he did in the 70s.  Moonbeam didn't build CA up.  Reagan and Schwartzenegger did.  The real question is when will the rolling black outs start up again.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(10-20-2017, 09:46 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: California has three non-geological faults:

1. Air pollution in Greater LA
2. High rents in the desirable places in which to live
3. Very low incomes in the Central Valley -- but high taxes to go with those.

Earthquakes come with the geological faults.

All of those faults set up CA for further decline.

1. Greater LA is a terrible place to live, and that is even without the pollution. I was there in the Service and I absolutely hated it.
2. High rents in desirable areas price workforces out of the markets for entrepeneral enterprises--probably explains why Tech is drifting to TX and the Mid-West. Rent is cheap and living costs are lower meaning you can pay your people less and they are still better off than they would be in CA. That is always good for economic growth if it is handled correctly. And by correctly I mean you keep the libtards out of office.
3. High taxes make those with low incomes suffer more, and high taxes in general depress economic activity.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(10-22-2017, 05:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:

California also has around 10% of the US population.  If it didn't produce a sizable minority of total GDP then something would be seriously wrong.  And there is.  Lets look at the leading sectors in CA:

Hollyweird:  High dollar low labor (though there is argument to be made that Hollyweird is on its way out)

So what is the reality in CA...having been in that shit hole recently  (and by recently I mean 2015)  Large numbers of unemployed, a large underclass and the wages of that underclass being depressed by illegal aliens being present everywhere.

So no CA does not look so good to me.  Probably explains why Californians are fleeing CA for places like TX whose economy is growing rather rapidly.  There is also great economic growth (Irma not withstanding) in FL too as well as the other states in the South not only catching up but outstripping the North.

Yeah, let's cite Texas. Of course Texas is doing well. It's had three Presidents in the last 50 years. All three loaded-up on Texas goodies: military bases that never get BRAC'd, research money to every university in the state, Houston Space Center, the list is endless. Texas has one redeeming feature: too much land. Housing is cheap. Then again, it's cheap in Florida too. I wouldn't live either place, to be perfectly frank. They're cheap for a reason.

Kinser Wrote:I don't put that down to immigration so much as a reverse Great Migration of the remnant of the black bourgeoisie/petty-bourgeoisie as well as what whites who can flee the rust belt doing so.

And This bleak outlook for CA is made worse by the fact that it is on easy mode setting with the two largest west coast ports and a coastline length only shorter than Alaska (which is unpopulated) and Florida (which is subject to semi-regular hurricane activity).

Yeah I'm not impressed with CA and even less impressed with how Moonbeam is running whats left of it into the ground, just like he did in the 70s.  Moonbeam didn't build CA up.  Reagan and Schwartzenegger did.  The real question is when will the rolling black outs start up again.

I see your point. It's terrible that 10% of the population creates 17% of the wealth. Terrible!
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-22-2017, 11:00 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 05:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Yeah, let's cite Texas.  Of course Texas is doing well.  It's had three Presidents in the last 50 years.  All three loaded-up on Texas goodies: military bases that never get BRAC'd, research money to every university in the state, Houston Space Center, the list is endless.  Texas has one redeeming feature: too much land.  Housing is cheap.  Then again, it's cheap in Florida too.  I wouldn't live either place, to be perfectly frank.  They're cheap for a reason.

Kinser Wrote:I don't put that down to immigration so much as a reverse Great Migration of the remnant of the black bourgeoisie/petty-bourgeoisie as well as what whites who can flee the rust belt doing so.

I see your point.  It's terrible that 10% of the population creates 17% of the wealth.  Terrible!

Two points:

1.  Presidents don't write or pass the budget.  That is Congress' job.  So I see you failed high school civics.  Noted.

2.  California with 10% of the population and a large number of high dollar industries should be contributing far more to the GDP than it does.  After all even by your own admission it isn't like the main product of the state is logs or cotton.  The fact that it is producing only 17% (14% as of 2016) of the GDP with Tech, with wine, with large agricultural enterprises, with Hollyweird and all the other shit it only produces 17% of a 14 Trillion dollar (18 Trillion as of 2016) economy is quite frankly embarrassing. 

Having been to CA while in the service and more recently I have no desire to be there.  But then again I'm most at home in the South anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alabama governor defends plan to use Covid-19 relief funds to build prisons chairb 0 552 10-19-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: chairb
  New York Governor Kathy Hochul Wants People To Believe In Their Government Again galaxy 22 5,733 10-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Kristi Noem, Governor (R-SD): it isn't infrastructure unless it is for oil pbrower2a 0 743 04-06-2021, 05:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Nevada governor limits malaria drugs for coronavirus patients girlmonday 0 822 03-06-2021, 04:00 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  California governor shuts churches, businesses as COVID-19 cases surge newvoter 2 1,343 03-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: March3
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,888 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Mississippi governor extends mask mandate for most of state newvoter 0 723 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Biden’s Stimulus Plan Will Add $1.9 Trillion to Deficit, Budget Office Finds newvoter 0 744 02-28-2021, 07:23 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Mississippi governor extends mask mandate for most of state random3 2 990 02-12-2021, 07:36 AM
Last Post: random3
  New Mexico governor shuts down grocery stores for two weeks rnewo 13 2,409 02-05-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: random3