Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration
Currently Biden does not have a high approval rating on the issue of immigration. It is a prime issue for Republican voters like Classic Xer. He and his comrades think of immigration as an invasion of non-Americans who will turn the country into something else if not stopped, and potentially add Democrats to the voting rolls. Republican ability to gerrymander in such states as Texas and Florida may stave off this latter danger for a while, but that does not ease their fears. Others don't see much improvement yet in the way immigrants are being treated.

What Classic Xers do not want to admit, of course, is that they are at fault for most of the problems of immigration. Their policies and interference over decades have favored the ruling plantation class there, resulting in long-term poverty. Their insistence on a drug war has contributed to gang wars, and their gun policies help provide them with weapons. Their failure to deal with climate change over 4 decades has resulted in severe and increasing droughts and hurricanes that have forced people off their land. Therefore, the USA has no alternative but either to hurt or kill all these immigrants, or else process them and let them become citizens of the USA, at least until such time as climate change may abate (which may take a century or two), or until they have governments that take care of their citizens, and/or until our own USA government ends the drug war and provides treatment for addicts.

This is a major aspect of our fourth turning, which helps fuel our great cold civil war.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden immigration policy 'may have' fueled migrant influx, border czar says Kate1999 0 697 03-11-2021, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  In DACA talks, Trump angers both sides of immigration debate nebraska 0 1,085 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Americans Aren't Buying Donald Trump's Immigration Rhetoric, Polls Show naf140230 7 5,948 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Public views on trade and immigration Dan '82 3 2,945 07-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Cynic Hero '86