Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Netanyahu Gets Ousted ...
... then what?
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
How the heck is it "ousting" when it's the normal process of a parliamentary system? He couldn't put together a majority, and Bennett did.
(06-03-2021, 02:10 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: How the heck is it "ousting" when it's the normal process of a parliamentary system?  He couldn't put together a majority, and Bennett did.

Khrushchev 1964?
As far as I know, the corrupt thug Netanyahu has not been ousted because he is still trying to get his support back. The Knesset has to vote to approve the new coalition. The new coalition is still fragile because it includes right-wingers, who still claim all of Palestine as Israeli territory (in other words, not interested in peace).
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-04-2021, 11:45 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: As far as I know, the corrupt thug Netanyahu has not been ousted because he is still trying to get his support back. The Knesset has to vote to approve the new coalition. The new coalition is still fragile because it includes right-wingers, who still claim all of Palestine as Israeli territory (in other words, not interested in peace).

I agree.  This should be over, but it's not.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
You dudes are making way too much of my use of the worst "oust."

Even so, did any one Netanyahu opponent get an outright majority of the popular vote?

Maybe Israel should switch to the political rocket science that is ranked-choice voting?

Generally, one is inclined to say "Your [sic] an idiot" when someone says something with which (s)he does not agree.

But in this instance, "You're (too much of) a genius" would be more appropriate.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(07-27-2021, 09:13 AM)Anthony Wrote: You dudes are making way too much of my use of the worst "oust."

Even so, did any one Netanyahu opponent get an outright majority of the popular vote?

Maybe Israel should switch to the political rocket science that is ranked-choice voting?

Generally, one is inclined to say "Your [sic] an idiot" when someone says something with which (s)he does not agree.

But in this instance, "You're (too much of) a genius" would be more appropriate.

Israel has a parlementarian system with too many parties and too much obcession with the Ultra-Orthodox.  Add to that, the huge number of whacknut Russians and Americans who think they own the Holy Land, and no political system has a chance.  Eventually, they will have to choose one nation or two, and under the one-nation system, they can only choose democracy or apartheid.  The US won't tolerate apartheid for long. 

Under one-nation democracy, the Jewish state will disappear.  I'm betting on sanity in the long run and insantiy for the immediate future.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.