Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turnings/cycles when people move countries
Question 
How do the archetypes and Turnings work for people who move countries or travel a lot? Like if someone was born in the US in a 3T but moved somewhere that was already on a 1T during the US 4T, will their archetype change or remain the same as where they were born? Or if someone were born late in the US 2T & wanted to experience 2T life without waiting till old age for it to cycle around again in the US? Most countries have their own saecular cycles, right?
(06-12-2021, 03:35 AM)nguyenivy Wrote: How do the archetypes and Turnings work for people who move countries or travel a lot? Like if someone was born in the US in a 3T but moved somewhere that was already on a 1T during the US 4T, will their archetype change or remain the same as where they were born? Or if someone were born late in the US 2T & wanted to experience 2T life without waiting till old age for it to cycle around again in the US? Most countries have their own saecular cycles, right?

Archetypes are just that: types.  All Turnings have elements of all others and all Generations contain individuals who are not attuned to their assigned archetype.  These are statistical phenomena; purity is not just impossible but actually corrosive.  Can you see an entire generation of nothing but Idealists?  Scary!
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(06-12-2021, 03:35 AM)nguyenivy Wrote: How do the archetypes and Turnings work for people who move countries or travel a lot? Like if someone was born in the US in a 3T but moved somewhere that was already on a 1T during the US 4T, will their archetype change or remain the same as where they were born? Or if someone were born late in the US 2T & wanted to experience 2T life without waiting till old age for it to cycle around again in the US? Most countries have their own saecular cycles, right?

As I observe our world today, I see that since the world wars that all peoples are becoming attuned to what was the anglo-american saeculum, just as peoples around the world also speak English.

Many people here and elsewhere forget that since the early 20th century we have been living in a global civilization. Nation states are obsolete leftovers.

As I see it, someone who moves to another country will only move into a saeculum that is a few years ahead or, more-likely now, behind. Or to a country in which there IS no saeculum. There is no dictum that says every country has a saeculum. I say many do not, because they are not modern countries. A place like Russia or China or the Middle East or any of the many tyrannies today does not allow citizen participation in the affairs of the nation. They might as well be living in the Dark Ages, or the archaic ages. Russia has never been a modern nation and, I suggest, has never had a saeculum.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-12-2021, 12:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

As I observe our world today, I see that since the world wars that all peoples are becoming attuned to what was the anglo-american saeculum, just as peoples around the world also speak English.

Many people here and elsewhere forget that since the early 20th century we have been living in a global civilization. Nation states are obsolete leftovers.

As I see it, someone who moves to another country will only move into a saeculum that is a few years ahead or, more-likely now, behind. Or to a country in which there IS no saeculum. There is no dictum that says every country has a saeculum. I say many do not, because they are not modern countries. A place like Russia or China or the Middle East or any of the many tyrannies today does not allow citizen participation in the affairs of the nation. They might as well be living in the Dark Ages, or the archaic ages. Russia has never been a modern nation and, I suggest, has never had a saeculum.

The private sector is a perfect example of why nation states need to get a grip.  Multinationals are already there, so the political sphere needs to get there too ... somehow.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South American Turnings Dan '82 4 4,744 01-20-2020, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Teejay
  The World's Most And Least Unequal Countries Anthony '58 0 1,650 08-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58