Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 midterm polls
(09-23-2022, 12:29 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 10:21 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 11:22 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: For the first time in a while Trump's approval numbers are lower than Biden's
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol...ald-trump/
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bid...al-rating/

Thank goodness for small mercies. To me it seems like Trump should have 99% disapproval.

True, but then again, we don't marinate in Fox News like so many do.  I have good friends who honestly don't know real facts because all they get are the fabricated ones.  We discuss politics rarely and non-politics 99% of the time.  At some point the veil will fall, but, as I've learned through experience, that can't be forced.  They have to arrive on their own.

The numbers are back to being virtually tied between Biden and Trump approval ratings.

A true indication of insanity in the USA. Will people in the USA become sane again, on their own?I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone who is} showing obvious signs of dementia?
I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone who was/is showing obvious signs of dementia, carelessness and incompetence?
(10-06-2022, 04:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 12:29 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 10:21 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 11:22 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: For the first time in a while Trump's approval numbers are lower than Biden's
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bid...al-rating/

Thank goodness for small mercies. To me it seems like Trump should have 99% disapproval.

True, but then again, we don't marinate in Fox News like so many do.  I have good friends who honestly don't know real facts because all they get are the fabricated ones.  We discuss politics rarely and non-politics 99% of the time.  At some point the veil will fall, but, as I've learned through experience, that can't be forced.  They have to arrive on their own.

The numbers are back to being virtually tied between Biden and Trump approval ratings.

A true indication of insanity in the USA. Will people in the USA become sane again, on their own?I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone who is} showing obvious signs of dementia?
I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone who was/is  showing obvious signs of dementia, carelessness and incompetence?

Well, tell me about Donald Trump. who shows signs of dementia (whether senile or syphilitic), who lies for no apparent reason, who displays severe recklessness, who shows no integrity, whose ego is beyond satiation, and who sacrifices anyone on his behalf. This man shows the character of tyrants of other times and places, and we can thank our Founding Fathers for establishing controls against his type. 

We don't need perfection in the Presidency.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Trump's approval rating has declined to almost -13. Biden had improved to -9, but now is back down to -10.

The polls are a dead heat in the senate regarding whether the Democrats can pick up two seats. Ohio and Nevada are even. If Ryan defeats MAGA Republican Vance in Ohio that would add to the likely pickup in Pennsylvania, where Fetterman leads MAGA Republican TV star Oz by 6 or 7 points. But Republicans may have a 1 point lead in Nevada where MAGA Republican Laxalt has a razor thin lead over the effective "workhorse" Democrat Cortez-Masto. Meanwhile Mandela Barnes has fallen a bit behind MAGA Republican Senator Johnson by 1 or 2 points in Wisconsin, where Johnson is able to play in ads to crime fears and make false charges that black Lt. Governor Barnes wants to defund the police. Herschel Walker is such a laughingly-bad MAGA Republican candidate that the honest, activist Rev. Sen. Warnock now leads him by 4 points in Georgia. Nevada is the only state where Republicans have a good chance for a pick-up right now.

Democrats lead the generic polls for the House by 1 point and in all recent polls, but that is probably not enough to keep the gerrymandered House Democratic. Momentum has probably returned to the Democrats though. California alone could save the House; that's why I donated to Chrissy Smith yesterday. She lost to MAGA Republican Mike Garcia by 333 votes in 2020, and this Santa Clarita suburban district north of LA became slightly more Democratic after redistricting. But given the Biden poll numbers, the race is razor thin.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-06-2022, 04:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone (Biden) who was/is  showing obvious signs of dementia, carelessness and incompetence?

Except for the minor fact that he's had an immesely productive first 21 months. You may hate what he's done, but you can't deny that he has ... even snookering Mitch McConnell on the infrastructure bill.

Note: He's not my first choice either. The elderly should not be setting policy for the 90+% of the much younger members of the citizenry. It's just wroong! But a choice of cogger Biden v cogger Trump: no problem going for Biden. I suspect neither will actually run in 2024; Trump may even be a convict by then. But Biden would be wise to rest on his well-deserved laurels and spend the rest of his life traveling.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-13-2022, 05:01 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 04:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I dunno, how sane is it to continue supporting, promoting and trying to elect someone (Biden) who was/is  showing obvious signs of dementia, carelessness and incompetence?

Except for the minor fact that he's had an immesely productive first 21 months.  You may hate what he's done, but you can't deny that he has ... even snookering Mitch McConnell on the infrastructure bill.  

Note: He's not my first choice either.  The elderly should not be setting policy for the 90+% of the much younger members of the citizenry.  It's just wroong! But a choice of cogger Biden v cogger Trump: no problem going for Biden.  I suspect neither will actually run in 2024; Trump may even be a convict by then.  But Biden would be wise to rest on his well-deserved laurels and spend the rest of his life traveling.

It might seem that way, but given the other choices Democrats have to run, and given the horoscope insights, which people usually observe about candidates anyway even without any knowledge of or belief in such indications, no-one but Biden has any chance despite his age.

Gavin Newsom is an exception, but you had the insight that maybe's he's too California to get nominated and win. Maybe that's one reason why Saturn indicates he might well lose in 2024 if the patterns hold, and then by 2028 people will have gotten used to him as a national figure and effective governor and not just a California liberal culture warrior.

The other 2020 Democratic candidates, with the possible exception of fellow-codger Bernie Sanders, proved abundantly that they should never be considered again. That includes many who dropped out early. I'm afraid any others you could name, like Gretchen Whitmer, just can't be relied upon either if the Republicans choose a viable candidate. And Kamala Harris is a guaranteed loser, and people know for themselves that my indicators are right about this; if Biden bows out the risk of a Harris nomination is great and would be a dismal disaster. It is already too late for any little-known figure to rise to prominence. The campaign will start right as the new congress convenes.

Even Trump will be hard to beat if he is allowed to run. You can't dismiss his base of support that is still loyal to him in spite of everything. They just don't care; they like him, he appeals to their prejudice and to their own common natures. The Classic Xers of America will never desert him. A weak Democratic candidate will not be able to prevail against the Trump cult; but Biden did, and can again. He may well be too old to do very well by 2028, but in 2024 he will only be one or two years older than he is now, and if anything he has become a more dynamic speaker in office, as I demonstrated here beyond any doubt. The important thing is to win the election in 2024, not whether he is fully functional in 2028. Any Republican victory is a full scale disaster at this critical time.

Besides possibly Gavin Newsom, the only other guaranteed exception now is Mitch Landrieu. He has now taken a position in the Biden administration overseeing implementation of the infrastructure bill. The odds still seem high against him launching a campaign in 2023, but they have improved a bit because of his new activity. I could guarantee that even if his status doesn't rise any higher than this, that he would win any time he runs and wins the nomination. He will defer to Biden's decision though, as will Newsom.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-13-2022, 05:01 PM)David Horn Wrote:

Except for the minor fact that he's had an immensely productive first 21 months.  You may hate what he's done, but you can't deny that he has ... even snookering Mitch McConnell on the infrastructure bill.  

Note: He's not my first choice either.  The elderly should not be setting policy for the 90+% of the much younger members of the citizenry.  It's just wroong! But a choice of cogger Biden v cogger Trump: no problem going for Biden.  I suspect neither will actually run in 2024; Trump may even be a convict by then.  But Biden would be wise to rest on his well-deserved laurels and spend the rest of his life traveling.

His effectiveness as President will matter greatly. Even should the Republicans win both Houses of Congress they will at most achieve gridlock, and the extreme positions that the GOP takes in Congress will be thwarted. So far as I can tell the GOP agenda is to establish a pure plutocracy favoring the well-connected. Vetoes of polarizing legislation that has bare majorities in both Houses of Congress can give the President some credibility against a wayward Congress. 

The Dark Money forces typically appeal to visceral fears such as crime, "Defund the police!" and "Let drag-queens influence our kids!" being commonplace smears of Democrats. I have seen this in political ads in at least  four states recently (Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin).   Should I watch local TV in Indiana or Ohio in the next week or so I will tell you whether I see much the same.  The TV markets in question are Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Madison, and the Quad Cities). 

Don't fool yourself. Much of our political distress comes from the ability of Big Business to get from the federal and state governments what they cannot get through free markets, whether because the government gets in the way (regulations to protect the environment or workplace safety) or through crony capitalism. 

We are 4T, and COVID-19 kills like the worst wars in American history and causes economic disruption. Many Americans have been doing their civic duty just to get the appropriate COVID and flu shots. The collapse of neoliberal assumptions about economic roles  ensures inflation, as the old trick of price stability (make sure that people contribute to the economy while getting little from it) falters. Maybe neoliberal policies of the Reagan era did not so much end inflation of the 1970's as it stalled it with economic insecurity and harsh management that would eventually come to an end.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Biden's approval rating is falling again, now below -10, and I guess whenever Biden falls Trump rises, in spite of everything; now he's back to -12%

Absolutely looney Americans!

The USA cannot survive if its people go certifiably insane, which they have.

538's average in the House is still +0.8 Democrats, but Republicans have led or pulled even in the latest polls, which however include Trafalgar and Rasmussen.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol...ic-ballot/

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-17-2022, 01:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Biden's approval rating is falling again, now below -10, and I guess whenever Biden falls Trump rises, in spite of everything; now he's back to -12%

538's average in the House is still +0.8 Democrats, but Republicans have led or pulled even in the latest polls, which however include Trafalgar and Rasmussen.

Biden is all rational thought and tender feelings.  Trump is bombast and hate.  Note: the latter actually plays much better, since it's the topic de jure whenever the Orange One puts himself out there.  Biden can't be the veins-in-the-teeth candidate the Dems need to oppose that model; it's not in him.  But the Dems better find one fast.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-17-2022, 05:26 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 01:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Biden's approval rating is falling again, now below -10, and I guess whenever Biden falls Trump rises, in spite of everything; now he's back to -12%

Biden is all rational thought and tender feelings.  Trump is bombast and hate.  Note: the latter actually plays much better, since it's the topic de jure whenever the Orange One puts himself out there.  Biden can't be the veins-in-the-teeth candidate the Dems need to oppose that model; it's not in him.  But the Dems better find one fast.

Why didn't you think his recent speech championing democracy against the MAGA Republicans sufficiently "veins-in-the-teeth"? It seems like he did it better than anyone is doing today.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-18-2022, 12:57 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Why didn't you think his recent speech championing democracy against the MAGA Republicans sufficiently "veins-in-the-teeth"? It seems like he did it better than anyone is doing today.

Yes, he's finally awake, but not soon enough.  He's a defined quantity.  It's simply too late for him to take another path.  More to the point, the youth are not lookiing for anyone over 40ish.  They believe, not incorrectly, that they are being ignored.  They may understand that Trump is scary, but they don't see Biden as a savior ... just a placeholder.
(10-18-2022, 05:02 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 12:57 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Yes, he's finally awake, but not soon enough.  He's a defined quantity.  It's simply too late for him to take another path.  More to the point, the youth are not lookiing for anyone over 40ish.  They believe, not incorrectly, that they are being ignored.  They may understand that Trump is scary, but they don't see Biden as a savior ... just a placeholder.

I understand that to the youth he does not seem like the ideal candidate. And Obama warned them already that they can't wait for a savior. "You can't opt out because you don't feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. This is not a rock concert; this is not Coachella. You don't need a messiah; all we need are decent, hardworking people, who are accountable, and who have America's best interests at heart". So yes, he's a placeholder for them, but there's no-one else to take his place, and they need to realize that, and support him. A savior may never come, whether young or old. They may not give Biden approval in the opinion polls, but they may vote Democratic anyway, and vote for him against some Republican idiot in 2024. Let us pray that they do. 

The Johnson-Barnes race looks bad at the moment, but the polls are still rather inconsistent. North Carolina margins are slight, but hard to overcome. Ohio is still possible. Florida seems out of the question. Even a 4% Rubio lead there means a lot of deceived folks. Georgia doesn't look bad, and Warnock is lucky to have such a ludicrous opponent, but Nevada is tight. The latest two polls show the Democratic leading by 2 or 3 points. The House generic polls look better today. People need to get the message. To vote for Republicans this year is to vote away their right to vote.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I understand that to the youth (Biden) does not seem like the ideal candidate. And Obama warned them already that they can't wait for a savior. "You can't opt out because you don't feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. This is not a rock concert; this is not Coachella. You don't need a messiah; all we need are decent, hardworking people, who are accountable, and who have America's best interests at heart". So yes, he's a placeholder for them, but there's no-one else to take his place, and they need to realize that, and support him. A savior may never come, whether young or old. They may not give Biden approval in the opinion polls, but they may vote Democratic anyway, and vote for him against some Republican idiot in 2024. Let us pray that they do. 

The real issue isn't who they would choose but how many will show up. The young are notorious for blowing this off. John Della Volpe from Harvard (youth politics is his beat) think that the threat this cycle,may be great enough to get the turnout above 40%, just don't depend on it.

Eric Wrote:The Johnson-Barnes race looks bad at the moment, but the polls are still rather inconsistent. North Carolina margins are slight, but hard to overcome. Ohio is still possible. Florida seems out of the question. Even a 4% Rubio lead there means a lot of deceived folks. Georgia doesn't look bad, and Warnock is lucky to have such a ludicrous opponent, but Nevada is tight. The latest two polls show the Democratic leading by 2 or 3 points. The House generic polls look better today. People need to get the message. To vote for Republicans this year is to vote away their right to vote.

Of the listed many, the race in Florida is a bit of a wildcard. Last night, Val Demings did what the milquetoast many have not: she took the fight to Rubio. If anyonw was on defense, it was him. Sadly, it's too late to make this the pattern, but it's encouraging that it seems to have finally reached the cerbral cortex of at least a few Democrats running for office and "the pros" who typically misguide them to be nonconfrontational: confrontation is the only option!
(10-19-2022, 11:53 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I understand that to the youth (Biden) does not seem like the ideal candidate. And Obama warned them already that they can't wait for a savior. "You can't opt out because you don't feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. This is not a rock concert; this is not Coachella. You don't need a messiah; all we need are decent, hardworking people, who are accountable, and who have America's best interests at heart". So yes, he's a placeholder for them, but there's no-one else to take his place, and they need to realize that, and support him. A savior may never come, whether young or old. They may not give Biden approval in the opinion polls, but they may vote Democratic anyway, and vote for him against some Republican idiot in 2024. Let us pray that they do. 

The real issue isn't who they would choose but how many will show up.  The young are notorious for blowing this off.  John Della Volpe from Harvard (youth politics is his beat) think that the threat this cycle,may be great enough to get the turnout above 40%, just don't depend on it.

Eric Wrote:The Johnson-Barnes race looks bad at the moment, but the polls are still rather inconsistent. North Carolina margins are slight, but hard to overcome. Ohio is still possible. Florida seems out of the question. Even a 4% Rubio lead there means a lot of deceived folks. Georgia doesn't look bad, and Warnock is lucky to have such a ludicrous opponent, but Nevada is tight. The latest two polls show the Democratic leading by 2 or 3 points. The House generic polls look better today. People need to get the message. To vote for Republicans this year is to vote away their right to vote.

Of the listed many, the race in Florida is a bit of a wildcard.  Last night, Val Demings did what the milquetoast many have not: she took the fight to Rubio.  If anyone was on defense, it was him.  Sadly, it's too late to make this the pattern, but it's encouraging that it seems to have finally reached the cerbral cortex of at least a few Democrats running for office and "the pros" who typically misguide them to be nonconfrontational: confrontation is the only option!

The latest polls seem to put the Tim Ryan hopes out of reach. Ohio voters are reverting to their usual embrace of tyranny these days. So right now it looks like the Senate will remain status quo, which combined with the House according to the pundits going Republican, almost nothing will be achieved by our government in the next two years, and much may be damaged beyond repair. Very sad, but what can we do. We are at the mercy of the stupidity and callousness of American voters-- and non-voters as you point out. Everything is on the ballot, and the people are voting their lives and freedom away.

And if people blame Biden for their own mistake, as they are already doing right now, then he is in danger of losing in 2024 too.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-19-2022, 12:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The latest polls seem to put the Tim Ryan hopes out of reach. Ohio voters are reverting to their usual embrace of tyranny these days. So right now it looks like the Senate will remain status quo, which combined with the House according to the pundits going Republican, almost nothing will be achieved by our government in the next two years, and much may be damaged beyond repair. Very sad, but what can we do. We are at the mercy of the stupidity and callousness of American voters-- and non-voters as you point out. Everything is on the ballot, and the people are voting their lives and freedom away.

And if people blame Biden for their own mistake, as they are already doing right now, then he is in danger of losing in 2024 too.

I don't see Biden runing again. I just don't. If he's going to pass on round 2, then he needs to say that as soon as the midterms are over. Who steps up will be the biggest TBD of the 21st century -- at least so far.

Then there's the SEnate. If Ohio is happy picking a Silicon Valley venture capitalist as it's "man of the people", and, worse, Wisconsin sends Space Cadet Johnson back to the Senate, then we're simply in degraded days and the fevor will have to pass on its own. I might have to revive my 2T Revolution theory again. If so, I hope to live long enough to see at least the beginning.
One possible scenario for 2024:

[Image: n1g0D]

Using the new electoral vote map after the 2020 census, this map assumes Kari Lake will be elected AZ governor and another democracy denier will be elected secretary of state in Nevada and possibly another one becomes governor there, so that those states will be rigged in favor of Trump or the Trump clone. But Biden had a pretty big lead for the fascists to overcome. Governor Kemp of Georgia may be horrible, but he did not do Trump's bidding in 2020 and Sec. of State Raffensberger held fast for honest elections. Continued demographic shift there may allow the Democrat (probably Joe Biden) to win again there, but Wisconsin is too tight to assume a Democratic win there. So it may depend on Georgia, and if it goes Republican too then Trump and Co. will assume the presidency again, to the detriment of any hope for continued democracy or action on climate change or inequality, etc. This is just a possible scenario and not a prediction. I know that democracy deniers on the local level in MI may rig the popular vote there. I am not sure Biden can win, but Democratic chances plummet if he doesn't run because Harris then becomes the odds on favorite to get nominated and she is a sure loser.

By 2024, despite Biden's hopes, both sides will say that if they lose the election was rigged. The difference is, if the Republicans say it they will be wrong, but if the Democrats say it they will be right.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-19-2022, 04:43 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 12:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The latest polls seem to put the Tim Ryan hopes out of reach. Ohio voters are reverting to their usual embrace of tyranny these days. So right now it looks like the Senate will remain status quo, which combined with the House according to the pundits going Republican, almost nothing will be achieved by our government in the next two years, and much may be damaged beyond repair. Very sad, but what can we do. We are at the mercy of the stupidity and callousness of American voters-- and non-voters as you point out. Everything is on the ballot, and the people are voting their lives and freedom away.

I don't see Biden runing again. I just don't.  If he's going to pass on round 2, then he needs to say that as soon as the midterms are over.  Who steps up will be the biggest TBD of the 21st century -- at least so far.

Then there's the Senate.  If Ohio is happy picking a Silicon Valley venture capitalist as it's "man of the people", and, worse, Wisconsin sends Space Cadet Johnson back to the Senate, then we're simply in degraded days and the fevor (?) will have to pass on its own.  I might have to revive my 2T Revolution theory again.  If so, I hope to live long enough to see at least the beginning.

Again, don't count out Biden. He should not bow out if the Democrats hope to win; there is no TBD available unless it's Mitch Landrieu, which seems unlikely. If there was a TBD available we'd know it by now. It's too late.

If this 4T fails, which Senate Republicans winning in 2022 in Ohio and Wisconsin makes more likely, then what follows will be a continual worldwide decline and a worldwide 4T lasting at least 4000 years. There will not be any capacity for any 2T revolution or second turning. Institutional change is what we need, and that can only happen in a 4T. The bright side of that pattern is that the real big institutional changes come after the battle is fought out and the progressive side wins at the very end, which in this case means the end of this decade, and not before. The progressive side has never lost an Anglo-American 4T. It is shameful indeed that today's generations are the ones about to lose for the first time. And it will be way, way by far the most catastrophic loss of any 4T anywhere, ever.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
This election is so close that nobody can call it. Usually a midterm election is a disaster for the Party holding the Presidency; we have nothing but nail-biting ambiguity now. By contrast to the situations of 2006. 2010. 2014, and 2018 this one is unusually good for the President's party.

The needful change is that Trumpist, Q-Anon, and militia insanity implode. This madness rends our democratic tradition, without which any evil is possible. Destroy democracy and we could even see the imposition of fascist-style slavery which makes the antebellum slavery look gentle by contrast.

[Image: Fe6qJwuXgAAB5Wn?format=jpg&name=large]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-19-2022, 08:04 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: This election is so close that nobody can call it. Usually a midterm election is a disaster for the Party holding the Presidency; we have nothing but nail-biting ambiguity now. By contrast to the situations of 2006. 2010. 2014, and 2018 this one is unusually good for the President's party.  

The needful change is that Trumpist, Q-Anon, and militia insanity implode.  This madness rends our democratic tradition, without which any evil is possible. Destroy democracy and we could even see the imposition of fascist-style slavery which makes the antebellum slavery look gentle by contrast.

Do you think independent voters will get the message while billionaires fund fascist candidates in ads shouting "you want to defund the police" and "your spending causes inflation"?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-19-2022, 08:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:04 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: This election is so close that nobody can call it. Usually a midterm election is a disaster for the Party holding the Presidency; we have nothing but nail-biting ambiguity now. By contrast to the situations of 2006. 2010. 2014, and 2018 this one is unusually good for the President's party.  

The needful change is that Trumpist, Q-Anon, and militia insanity implode.  This madness rends our democratic tradition, without which any evil is possible. Destroy democracy and we could even see the imposition of fascist-style slavery which makes the antebellum slavery look gentle by contrast.

Do you think independent voters will get the message while billionaires fund fascist candidates in ads shouting "you want to defund the police" and "your spending causes inflation"?

Liberals need to make clear that they want the police to be even more effective in suppressing violent crime without being a menace to minorities.  In my case I would fare better in Japan (a Hell for criminals) than some "outlaw's paradise". On the autistic spectrum I am far more likely to be prey than predator in the dichotomy between criminal and victim. 

It is essential that Congressional nominees debunk the idea that they can defund the police.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump support, Feb 2022 and later pbrower2a 16 2,335 11-20-2022, 10:33 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Anomalous campaigns and results, 2022 pbrower2a 0 412 10-09-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 90,242 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 792 314,887 10-08-2021, 06:08 PM
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,906 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Few Polls on Weekends naf140230 3 2,245 10-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Chuck Todd Explains Why Democrats Shouldn’t Worry About Tightening State Polls naf140230 4 4,344 09-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: naf140230
  Americans Aren't Buying Donald Trump's Immigration Rhetoric, Polls Show naf140230 7 5,948 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM
  These 2 polls on how Hispanics feel about Trump and Clinton may surprise you Dan '82 1 1,875 09-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Presidential candidates leading polls at this point in the campaign have almost alway naf140230 1 1,956 08-14-2016, 11:46 AM